Hey I'm looking into buying a peavey classic 30 but I have not tried it yet and I was looking at a picture of it on the internet and I noticed that it dose not have a standby switch. I thought that all tube amps had to have standby switches in order for the tubes to warm up properly. why doesn't the classic have a standby switch? and will this effect the life span of it tubes?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
My classic 50 has a standby switch. Maybe the 30's do not have them.
Anyways... it really doesn't matter too much, as long as you keep your guitar and amp's volumes down while the tubes warm up. After that, it's no problem. You'll only run into problems with it if you're gigging with it, but even then, you could just turn the volumes off.
Other than that, it's a spectacular amp. Great cleans, great OD, decent stock speaker, and great construction.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i have a 30 version, it doesnt have a standby switcha, and... it doesn't make a difference. all i do to warm up the tubes before playing is turn the volume on guitar of for a minute and then play. and as darkarbiter7 said, its a great amp for the price.