i just a musicians friend catalog today and i was lookin at some of the combo amps to replace my marshall mg. 2 that caught my eye were the VOX AD100VT-XL and the Peavey VK212C. now both are within 50 dollars of eachother as far as price is concerned and both are 2x12 100watts and 2 channels. i play all styles of music from country to metal to jazz and anything involving a guitar or even classical music. So i was wondering which amp u think would be best to suit my tastes and if u have anyother suggestions for amps in this price range that are combo plz dont hesitate to tell me. thx
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
I'd say the valveking cus it's all tube
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
well i dk anything about the two amps specifically but brand vs brand i always go for peavey for amp heads.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Get the Valveking 1-12. You do not need 100 watts.

Yea i was kinda thinkin that myself actually, the next step down would be the 2x12 but 50watts and then after that there is the 1x12 with 30watts. now besides watts and size of the amp itself, what are other differences between the versions of the VOX? oh and by the way i ruled the peavey out cause if im gonna go down to a 1x12 the VOX has peavey beat in price by about $200 US so now its a decision on which wattage of VOX to get
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Listen, Get the valveking. The lowest it gets is 50 watts and that is the 1x12. 50 watts of tube is 2.5 times louder than 50 watts of SS. The vox is SS even though it has 1` tube in it. THe valveking will sound better, be louder, and just last longer in terms of how long you will want to keep it. THe vox would be good for a year maybe. but you would want to upgrade because of the lack in tone.
ok sorry about my last post i meant to say im pretty well set on the 30watt 1x12 VOX combo. to be completely honest this amp does not have to be extremely loud at all, i have a full stack that takes care of that just fine lol. im looking for a nice combo amp to practice/jam. the 30 watt vox is $300 US while the valveking is 50 watts and $430 US. now i kno u get what u pay for in a sense. so my next question would be what does the valveking have that the vox does not that would make me want to spend $130 more for the valveking? in other words are the differences between the 30 watt vox and the 50 watt peavey worth $130 in ur opinion?
Amps in the same price range that I'd take over either:

Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Delta Blues 115
Fender Blues Deluxe
Crate V30/V32/V33/V50
Traynor YCV 40
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
look at the reviews on the right side for the valveking:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MF reviews usually pretty biased? (ie. "just opened the box and boy does this amp look GREAT!")

point is, I was thinking about scoring a tube amp soon and thought of this amp since it' s recommended so much here, but now I think I'll stick with what I got for a while.

TS, maybe you should go with the VOX
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by slatsmania
Amps in the same price range that I'd take over either:

Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Delta Blues 115
Fender Blues Deluxe
Crate V30/V32/V33/V50
Traynor YCV 40

thank you for the other suggestions i will look into those as possibilities. the only prob i have is that i kno many ppl say try it for urself and see wut u like which i believe in 100%, but the 3 closest music stores to me do not carry VOX, Traynor, or Fender amps so i dont have that liberty. the music shops around me do carry peavey, line 6 (dont bother suggesting lol), crate, and i believe hughes and kettner. so maybe after work tomorrow ill head into the local shop and try out some crate combos and some peavey combos (hopefully the same or close to the models mentioned)
VK 112, i just bought one, its loud as hell.
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s