which one guys

i know the s470 (ibanez) has a better trem but the esp kh202 has 24 frets and emgs well not real emgs but u know wat i mean

which 1 is better for metal (playing through a roland cube 30)
Don't buy the cheap KH202. It's made of basswood and it has an LFR I think. The S470 has the vastly superior ZR trem and is made of a better wood. Plus the finish is pretty invincible to say the least. PLUS I think its cheaper too.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I have an S470dxqm from 2005, the dark red quilted maple one, it is one of my favourite guitars to use live and my main band is a metal band of varying genres...basically a modern take on classic metal.

I can safely say having played both axes that the S470 is more versatile (in my opinion), but the kh202 is better for downtuned ultra-high gain e.g. extreme/death metal and generally more extreme styles of metal.

Edit: Also, with a good amp sound the cheap pickups in the S470 really don't sound noticeably weak in any area, having said that I play through a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade stack, so through a Cube-30 I have no idea what results you'll get! lol.

I do not feel the need to upgrade the pickups in my S470 though, and I have Bareknuckle Pickups' Nailbombs in my Les Paul so I would replace the S470 pickups if I felt the need lol.
Last edited by last_biscuit at Nov 4, 2007,
Also, no the kh202 isn't better cos of the EMGs because they aren't particularly good EMGs and the pickups aren't the only thing that matters on a guitar.

I personally seek guitars that I enjoy the feel of when playing, and for me the S470 easily wins there...a very comfortable guitar.

One more thing, you won't get a great modern metal sound out of a Cube anyway, unless you spend a fair amount of cash on a good distortion pedal. Something like the Metal Muff.
The KH202 has EMG-ESP pickups I think, which honestly aren't that great. I put an EMG 81 and 60 in my S470 and it sounds brilliant. honestly though I've had a couple of problems with my s470, like my fret wires getting dented by the treble strings and the locking tuners not locking in properly, but its nothing that cant be fixed.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1