alright, im about to buy a laptop, roughly 800 bucks. not sure what to get, throw some good deals out there. im gunna check out best buy in a few minutes, so let me know what you know, what you think. thanks.

j

by the way, macs, yay or nay?
Well, what do you need the laptop for?
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
any of the new toshibas..... that my answer to any laptop thread....

btw... mac = YAY!
Yeah, what do you plan on using it for. If you just wanna use the internet, microsoft word, and maybe play some minesweeper then just go with a baseline dell or whatever. Amazon usually has some pretty good deals and can also narrow your search down to specific price ranges.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
basically, a lot of music storage, internet. nothining too crazy.
thanks so far.

j
I'm not that read up on the latest laptops, but I'd say go for at least 1.5gb memory, and as large a hard drive as you can get for cheap. Other than that you should be set.

Edit: BTW, Macs can be lovely as long as you've got the money for one.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
macs NAY

get a compaq presario of some sort
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
macs are amazing
worth the money

problem is the money is a LOT
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Macs=Nay. Value for money isn't really great.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Magic Jim
macs are amazing
worth the money

problem is the money is a LOT

+1

Quote by roythereaper
Macs=Nay. Value for money isn't really great.

Obviously you've never had the pleasure of owning one...
if your getting it for music storage, id either get an external hardrive just for music, or get a desktop.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by bequickorbedead
+1

Obviously you've never had the pleasure of owning one...

Nein, you're correct. But I'm not a huge fan on the Mac OS, +gaming and Macs don't seem to go that well.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)