are emg 81s better or is the duncan invader better

i play metal but i also need good cleans

which 1 is better in ur opinion?

any other suggestions for pups would be helpful ty

oh the pup is gonna go in the bridge position
If you're getting an EMG81, you'd more than likely have to get another EMG for the neck, and one for the middle if your guitar has three pickups, since mixing active and passive pickups in the guitar is difficult. Also, I'm not a fan of either, but I'd say the EMG is better than the Duncan in this case.

Where are you, how much can you spend, what kind of metal do you play and, most important of all, what is your current amp?
^Answer his questions, then we'll be able to better help you.

Quote by keychainsssss
are emg 81s better or is the duncan invader better

i play metal but i also need good cleans

which 1 is better in ur opinion?

any other suggestions for pups would be helpful ty

oh the pup is gonna go in the bridge position

The Invader is terrible.
kk thx guys wat about evos

i head theyre good

ohh and i play metallica type metal

and i have a roland cube 30 but i play on my friends amp forgot wat it was
i have to say, the invader isnt as horrible as its made out to be here. its a bit on the buzzy side, but its no worse than say evos to my ears. also, im not a fan of the 81 bridge setup anymore. its too buzzsaw. 85 wins.
If you have a Cube, as good an amp it is for a budget SS amp, I really would not recommend a pickup upgrade, because I'm not sure there would be much difference, even with an EMG.
yeah get the emg
cuz if your looking for hard and clean too
hetfield of metallica used 81's and played tons of both hard and clean
sounds great
Quote by acdclandon
yeah get the emg
cuz if your looking for hard and clean too
hetfield of metallica used 81's and played tons of both hard and clean
sounds great

To be fair, though, Hetfield used valve amps and not the Roland Cube
EMGs sound rubbish through cubes. If you have to change your pickups go with something passive.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Agreed - there's little point upgrading pickups with a Cube because any improvement you do get will in no way reflect what you've spent.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^^ In this particular case, the only real reason the TS should be changing their pickups is if they don't work, because the minor difference through that amp will not justify the price of the pickups, money which could be put towards a new amp after which they may realise that their pickups aren't that bad. My Yamaha, as crappy as it is, sounded decent enough through my Valve Jr. but pretty crap through my old Behringer amp.
Quote by TehJermie
i have to say, the invader isnt as horrible as its made out to be here. its a bit on the buzzy side, but its no worse than say evos to my ears.

It's pretty muddy, IMO. That's generally why I don't rec' it. I see a lot of people asking for high output pickups with clarity....And you won't find clarity in the Invader.
Quote by TehJermie
i have to say, the invader isnt as horrible as its made out to be here. its a bit on the buzzy side, but its no worse than say evos to my ears. also, im not a fan of the 81 bridge setup anymore. its too buzzsaw. 85 wins.

Nothing is as bad (or even good) as it's made out to be here. Everything has to be crap or amazing on UG, there's no grey area.

I agree on the 81 being too buzzsaw-like. If I ever fancy a set of EMG's I'd get a pair of 85s.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music