Im starting to hear chords and think of certain colors, like Bb is like dull orange B is orange-yellow A is red G is navy blue. Does this happen to anyone else?
there's kind of a division of musicians that have this... i looked it up once as i found a program to give yourself perfect pitch - you train yourself to hear colours, and with it comes perfect pitch...

either way i failed - but i guess you got it naturally.

lucky ****
LSD usually helps.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yup - it's called synaesthaesia.

Although it might not be spelled that way
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have this as well but it doesn't work for me with chords just plain notes. I also think of colors for months and days.

I also associate numbers with genders. weirdddd.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Nov 4, 2007,
Yeah, I see Bb or Eb as yellow/orange and G green/aqua. A is blue. Weird hun?
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
thats how John Mayer plays guitar, every note is a color to him
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
I generally think of colors (as well as flavors) when I think of chords, notes, and even different tonewoods, amplifiers, etc. I thought I was the only one
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Synesthesia is indeed the correct answer, it's the mental perception of something and how you relate it to something else. Some people relate numbers to colours, sounds to colours and things as such. Naturally about 10% of people have it, but sometimes you get it through hallucinegenics. Stuff like letters, words, numbers, sounds and colours... it's just neurological lucky you, to be honest, I'd love to have that associative mind.

EDIT: Tl;dr: LULZ U IZ ON ACIDZZZ!
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Last edited by roythereaper at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by steven seagull
^Thank you for being able to spell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Thank you for appreciating my impeccible (UG in-joke intended) spelling. I really should spend less time in the pit and more time in here...
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

its called drugs

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
I think of colours as notes...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Are you all insane?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Are you all insane?

Read my post and all will be revealed...
Call me Callum

For me, A is yellow, B is orange, C is red, D is green, E is blue, F is brown, and G is green as well.

EDIT: I also relate tastes to colors/physical attributes and letters to colors/personalities.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Last edited by RizzoWashburn at Nov 4, 2007,
The only colors that come to mind are the ends of the strings that are color coded for when you put the strings on the guitar.

Otherwise, you guys must be playing some psychedelic stuff.
I don't usually hear notes as colors, but I hear different kinds of guitar tones as colors....old-school crunch is brown, cleans are yellow, and higher-gain stuff is either red if it's a treblier tone, and blue or black if it's down-tuned and bassy.

That said, I do kinda hear different keys as colors too.
It's weird.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Haha interesting topic. I'll modify it a bit, as I see chords as places.

G and D are summer fields
Am and Dm are those old 1800s western outdoors (near saloons and tumbleweed)
E is a festive mexican place
F is some sort of stormy night
G - Orange.
D - Yellow.
E - Navy Blue.
A - Neon Green / Lime Green.
C - Brown / Amber.

Bout all I can come up with xD
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Whenver I hear a strat in the neck position, it reminds me of a PVC pipe.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Yeah it's called synesthesia, i have it. its a pretty cool learning tool, i guess. most people who have it hate it, but im also partially colorblind, which creates a weird thing where i can only see proper colors through music, cause its a mind thing, rather than an eye thing.

annnnyyywwaayy yeah.

chords are colors, so are keys. but the colors of the keys dont really relate to the chords in them. and songs can create huge, moving colorscapes, i love it, best disease ever, haha.

also why i never got into drugs. totally un-needed for me.
A-Orange
B-Red
C-Navyish Blue
D-Purple
E-Dark Blue almost metallic
F-Green
G-Green

I guess I should've said this in my last post.

Also i hear songs as colors sometimes.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
A - Yellow
C - Green
D - White
E - Red

Any power chord - black
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Whenver I hear a strat in the neck position, it reminds me of a PVC pipe.

wow, yes.
Quote by ICEMANN999
Im starting to hear chords and think of certain colors, like Bb is like dull orange B is orange-yellow A is red G is navy blue. Does this happen to anyone else?

You play Guitar Hero too much.
For example, when I think of Metallica's Ride The Lightning album, I think of a really good hamburger, but when I think of Master of Puppets, I think of dry-rub barbecue. It's like.. it's meat.. and it has to be eaten (because the wasting of meat is blasphemous), but it's just not as pleasing to my pallatte as RTL.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores