when i turn my amp up loud with distortion. i get an annoying high pitched hum. its feedback. how do i get rid of that hum without muting the strings? is it because i am in a closed space. the closed space being my room? is there a setting i could put it on to reduce the hum?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Less gain/volume.

Do you use your pedal over the clean channel or the overdrive channel? And what are your EQ settings?
a noise suppressor pedal would get rid of alot if not all of the feedback
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Don't stand in front of your amp or face it. Turn down the gain. Other appliances can affect it like TV's, lights, and other things.
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
i want to keep the same amount of gain though
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
move/turn off other electrical stuff
better still
buy a noise gate/supressor pedal (y)
very good for feedback
I'mma FIIIIIRIN MAH LAZ0R

(Shoop da Woop)
Ok, here it is.

Your amp's rubbish. Once you turn it over 5, it's going to squeal. You shouldn't need to turn it up that loud to play anyway. If you want to stop the squeal, turn your gain down. The volume will make up for it and if you need a stupid amount of gain to make you sound good you're most likely rubbish.

Harsh but true.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
first off my amp is a 30 watt solid state and i am playing with a loud drummer. so i need to turn it up all the way to hear my guitar. second of all, metal requires a heavy amount of distortion and thats a fact, so i need the distortion. so somebody give me some ideas on how to lower the feedback without turning down the distortion or volume. is it just because i have a crappy amp?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Partially.

It is also going to be dependant on the distance you stand from the amp. But the crappy amp part is a huge factor. I can turn the volume and gain up on mine pretty high and it doesn't feed back too much.
is a peavey 5150 good at reducing feed back on high gain and volume?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Quote by kazra90
first off my amp is a 30 watt solid state and i am playing with a loud drummer. so i need to turn it up all the way to hear my guitar. second of all, metal requires a heavy amount of distortion and thats a fact, so i need the distortion. so somebody give me some ideas on how to lower the feedback without turning down the distortion or volume. is it just because i have a crappy amp?

well if you're turning it up that far then that's your problem. it still can't hurt to back your gain off to 8 or so. on MGs having the gain above that just adds mud rather than gain.

EDIT: If you bought a 5150 you'd only need the volume at about 3 or 4 and as such if you're sensible with the gain (it has far more than your MG) you shouldn't suffer from feedback as much.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Nov 4, 2007,