http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73878 - Head (150 Watts) with a marshall cab.

OR>

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73880 -Combo (200 Watts) with 2X12" celestials.

Which is better for loudness? nad does more watts mean more distortion?

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
whats is how loud example 15 watts is for practice in your room, 100 and up for gigs and playing where there needs to be a loud volume. and to awencer the first question there both loud enough.. for preety much anything id go with the head and marshall cab. personally. but then again thats just me... id go to a local store and he which ones better and how you like eachs tone and sound and distortion and whatever.
Gear:

Ibanez GSZ120

Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic

Roland Cube 60

Roland Micro-Cube
Basically, why do you need it to be loud? what is your budget? and what styles do you want to play/
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Tenacious D'er
righty cheers

I would suggest not taking the advice of the guy above me...there are most probably other amps more suited to you that you will like more, watts does not equal good

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Tenacious D'er
Metal, roughly 300-400

GBP yeah?

in that case, I would be looking around for a Laney or Marshall of some kind. Metal is a very broad genre, if you could be more specific, it would help narrow down the choices

So far, I'd be saying the Marshall DSL401 combo

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Then I would look at getting the Marshall DSL401 and possibly an overdrive pedal. You can get some good deals around if you buy second hand too

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
no problem, I'd try one out first, just to see if it's the right kinda tone for you.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
DSL might not get the dark distortion that he needs. I am thinking of an used peavey 6505/5150 combo. They are insanely loud and perfect for your style

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

the only reasons i didn't suggest that is because:

1.) Hard to find in the UK (i know from experience)
2.) Horribly expensive in UK (even second hand)

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
anything pretending to be a valve head, will always fall short. don't get me wrong, there are good solid state amps out there.. But neither of these amps fall into that category.

Wattage for solid states doesn't mean a whole lot.. you will find that even 300 watt solid state amps will will have a hard time holding clarity next to a 100 watt tube stack. (and even most 50 watt tube stacks)

save up, and get yourself an amp that'll keep you happy for years!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by mcw00t
the only reasons i didn't suggest that is because:

1.) Hard to find in the UK (i know from experience)
2.) Horribly expensive in UK (even second hand)

They can be found on ebay easily for under 500. And they are lots (well like 3 or 4) of them on ebay constantly.

If you are lucky, and can fetch one for under 400.

Otherwise. JCM900 is also an option. DSL401 requires a pedal to reach the sound you desire.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
They can be found on ebay easily for under 500. And they are lots (well like 3 or 4) of them on ebay constantly.

If you are lucky, and can fetch one for under 400.

Otherwise. JCM900 is also an option. DSL401 requires a pedal to reach the sound you desire.

Currently 1, for £600

I forgot about the JCM, but again, it might be a little expensive. The second hand DSL allows enough to budget in a tubescreamer TS9 which will help tighten his tone under high gain as well

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-5150-Combo-Guitar-Amp-EVH-Van-Halen-6505_W0QQitemZ300167352899QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I doubt it will go over 450. There is also a JMC900 + cab on ebay with 2 days left and 250 no bid that you might want to check out.

EDIT: there is another 100w one 450 buy it now, with a cab as well.

Quote by KileManA7X