This is on Thomann.de

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_slash_les_paul.htm

has anyone heard anything about it? it says it isnt out yet, but has anyone heard anything on its release... there is nothing on the epiphone website.

One question: one of the differences between this and the gibson is that the epiphone has a maple neck, and the gibson a mahogany one. how much would this affect tone?

thanks
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
This is on Thomann.de

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_slash_les_paul.htm

has anyone heard anything about it? it says it isnt out yet, but has anyone heard anything on its release... there is nothing on the epiphone website.

One question: one of the differences between this and the gibson is that the epiphone has a maple neck, and the gibson a mahogany one. how much would this affect tone?

thanks

the maple neck would make it a bit brighter than if it had a mahogany neck.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Doesn't look anything like his sig Gibson imo. I would just as soon get an Epi LP Plain top, take off the pickguard, and change the hardware. His old Sig Epiphone was at least like his Gibby.
Quote by FRDesign
Mabye its coming out at NAMM. And it does look like His:

Sorry bud, that ain't his signature LP. This is it.

The one you linked is one of his more common ones though.
Quote by CJRocker
Doesn't look anything like his sig Gibson imo. I would just as soon get an Epi LP Plain top, take off the pickguard, and change the hardware. His old Sig Epiphone was at least like his Gibby.

Actually, it looks very similar to his signature Gibson. (unless you are speaking of the one that was released in 1996-98'). His custom shop model right now is tobacco sunburst if I am not mistaken, and this Epiphone looks to be just that. Can anybody find some more information on this guitar. I am very curious about it.
Be cool.
that picture that FRDesign gave is actually his sig - note the fishman bridge. That pic is of the Gibson Les Paul Slash model number 1 - it has a different finish and is one of a kind - the rest of them (slash also owns number 2 and 3) have the finish you can buy in the shops....
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
that picture that FRDesign gave is actually his sig - note the fishman bridge. That pic is of the Gibson Les Paul Slash model number 1 - it has a different finish and is one of a kind - the rest of them (slash also owns number 2 and 3) have the finish you can buy in the shops....

Take a closer look at the headstock. Not only does it have the shape of an Epiphone headstock, guess what??...it also says Epiphone. How you can notice a small bridge over a headstock beats me. Also, it is missing that switch that Slash's Gibson Custom has in between the volume and tone knobs.
Be cool.
Im talking about:

Im saying that this guitar is the slash sig because someone else said it wasnt.... not the bridge ON THIS GUITAR not the epiphone....

This guitar is the Gibson Les Paul Slash sig number one.... i wasnt even talking about the epiphone... Im quite aware that something that has epiphone on the head is clearly NOT a Gibson

Also, note that i say the picture that "FRDesign" gives... take a look... the only pic he has posted is of the Gibson... the very gibson i was talking about. maybe you need to learn the difference between gibson and epiphone....
I was saying it was not liek his due more to the top... just gives it a completely different look IMO. Plus, they could do with the Piezo which is what I THINK that extra switch is for). And that picture people keep linking is different from his production Gibson signature, with a different finish and flame top unless I'm color blind.
we must be getting confused here.

I said that the picture of slash is his sig but has " a different finish and is one of a kind"

The rest of the sig gibsons have a different finish... and the epi is different to both! i wasnt even talking about the epi in any way... it looks cool but agreed, not much like the sig gibsons because of the finish and lack of switch.

i wasnt agreeing when FRDesign said "And it does look like His..." because I agree with you, the epi doesnt. I was simply disagreeing when you said "sorry bud, thats not his sig" because it actually is in that pic of slash, just a custom one of a kind finish that is on the serial number 1 of the slash sig and no others...

im all confused now. Bottom line: the epi that this post is about is a cut down version of the sig, which is the same guitar in the pic you provided and the pic FRDesign provided, but FRDesign provided a pic of the flame top one of a kind sig that only slash owns, and you provided the one you can buy from the shops - same guitar though!
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
we must be getting confused here.

I said that the picture of slash is his sig but has " a different finish and is one of a kind"

The rest of the sig gibsons have a different finish... and the epi is different to both! i wasnt even talking about the epi in any way... it looks cool but agreed, not much like the sig gibsons because of the finish and lack of switch.

i wasnt agreeing when FRDesign said "And it does look like His..." because I agree with you, the epi doesnt. I was simply disagreeing when you said "sorry bud, thats not his sig" because it actually is in that pic of slash, just a custom one of a kind finish that is on the serial number 1 of the slash sig and no others...

im all confused now. Bottom line: the epi that this post is about is a cut down version of the sig, which is the same guitar in the pic you provided and the pic FRDesign provided, but FRDesign provided a pic of the flame top one of a kind sig that only slash owns, and you provided the one you can buy from the shops - same guitar though!

Alright. I just wasn't counting the one Slash was pictured with as so much a sig as just a one-off.

Quote by CJRocker
Alright. I just wasn't counting the one Slash was pictured with as so much a sig as just a one-off.

well it is a one of in a way... its the Slash signature Gibson, just serial number 0001 which was made with a different finish to make it unique for Slash.... so even after paying £3000 for the salsh signature, you still dont have his guitar!!

So yes... that does make it a one off... we are both right... we both rule!

any thoughts on the epiphone? like someone else mentioned, normal epiphones come with a mahogany neck... i cant think for a moment that the slash one would be different! but the description says its maple... wonder if it will be any good
the paint job on the epiphone looks horrible. i hate they way they make their bursts look.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I always thought this was the Epiphone Slash signature Les Paul...
http://www.wholenote.com/products/gallery.asp?i=51&r=2637

The one TS posted looks basically like an Epiphone standard plus in vintage sunburst and a maple neck...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
well that is the epi slash les paul... but according to this site they are bringing out a new one to match his new signature Gibson... it just looks like a standard epi but fitted with seymour duncans and the truss rod cover says "slash" - hardly worth the extra £200
Actually, I got confused. I understand TS's post now. My bad. Now that it is all settled, how do we get more info on this guitar!!! Is it a fluke or what? I am dying if curiosity.
Be cool.
i managed to make it 10 times more confusing that it should have been! sorry.

I want more info on this... if it really does have a maple neck though, im not interested! Maybe as someone mentioned, all will be revealed at NAMM... or maybe that site are just doing it themselves, getting a load of seymour duncans and truss rod covers that say "slash" and selling them as a sig for lots more!!

As it stands... at like £500, i would rather wait for a snakepit signature epiphone to come up on ebay... it looks nicer!

I wonder if anyone could tell me whether the Gibson Les Paul Studio is good for Slash type stuff - it has mahogany body and neck, unlike this epiphone! I am saving for a new guitar but would like to know what I am saving for. I have heard bad things about the quality of Gibsons coming out of the factory these days... well i have actually played proof of it! I almost cried at how bad a Gibson Les Paul Classic sounded at my local shop... just lame out of the box. Would a Studio be good ? (im allowed to hijack my own thread :P)
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
i managed to make it 10 times more confusing that it should have been! sorry.

I want more info on this... if it really does have a maple neck though, im not interested! Maybe as someone mentioned, all will be revealed at NAMM... or maybe that site are just doing it themselves, getting a load of seymour duncans and truss rod covers that say "slash" and selling them as a sig for lots more!!

As it stands... at like £500, i would rather wait for a snakepit signature epiphone to come up on ebay... it looks nicer!

I wonder if anyone could tell me whether the Gibson Les Paul Studio is good for Slash type stuff - it has mahogany body and neck, unlike this epiphone! I am saving for a new guitar but would like to know what I am saving for. I have heard bad things about the quality of Gibsons coming out of the factory these days... well i have actually played proof of it! I almost cried at how bad a Gibson Les Paul Classic sounded at my local shop... just lame out of the box. Would a Studio be good ? (im allowed to hijack my own thread :P)

Well with these guitars, it seems to vary a lot individually....I think looking for a used Studio that was made several years before might be good. Best idea though just play them and find the one you like. So long as it's got the Les Pauls specs, with a mahogany body, maple top, and mahogany neck you should be able to get some good Slash stuff with a guitar like that and a good amp.

The Epiphone Elitist series guitar I heard are very good and they would cost around the same as the studio so i'd look into one of those.

Just make sure you change out the pickups for something closer to the ones Slash uses.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Well with these guitars, it seems to vary a lot individually....I think looking for a used Studio that was made several years before might be good. Best idea though just play them and find the one you like. So long as it's got the Les Pauls specs, with a mahogany body, maple top, and mahogany neck you should be able to get some good Slash stuff with a guitar like that and a good amp.

The Epiphone Elitist series guitar I heard are very good and they would cost around the same as the studio so i'd look into one of those.

Just make sure you change out the pickups for something closer to the ones Slash uses.

Ive got a set of seymour duncan alnico pro IIs and a JCM 800, i just need a guitar with excellent build quality and as you say, gibson specs.

Used studios seem to go for about £400... thats why im interested.

edit: for a similar price but new... are PRS guitars (the SE series) and good - they have mahogany bodies and necks (talking about SE singlecut), and i have heard that their quality control is slightly better
Last edited by slashs_#1_fan at Nov 4, 2007,
^ Not a bad idea, i'd go check out a PRS. I haven't played one myself but they seem to be well enough liked and since the specs are very similar it might work out for you. I'd play one in the store along with some studios and Epi's then decide.

^^ ah you see, that is the problem. living in the middle of nowhere where the best guitar in your local music shop is a squire, it is difficult to try stuff out, so my opinions have to be formed on here!

every piece of equiptment I buy is a gamble... thats why I go through so much! so i decided to just save up a lot and get a really good guitar!
Ahh too bad about that, well I can't say you'll be sure of what you get. Cause again these guitars can differ individually, but you might find the Epiphone Elitist series or the PRS good. Only cause the quality control is supposedly not as bad as Gibson's ATM.That way your more likely to get a good guitar I guess.

Good luck with finding the right guitar.