So I've gotten really down recently. My main genre is electric texas blues, idols are SRV, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Albert King, etc. I'm sitting recording and I just flat out cannot do what I want to do. I feel like I'm horrible. So what I did was I recorded a clip of me playing my kind of music as best I could, and posted it on the internet.

What I'm saying is, I'd be so grateful if you guys could listen to my track I just uploaded on my UG profile, "Blues in Eb," and tell me what I'm doing wrong, where I'm messy, etc, and generally how I'm doing for how long I've been playing. I'm getting very frusterated because I can't tell if I've improved in the past 6 months.

I've been playing since Sept. of 06.

Thanks alot for your guy's support! *hugs UG*
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Wow. You have only been playing one year and are that good. I've been playing for 5 and you just kicked my ass. The only thing is, it sounds like you ripped off Pride and Joy/Love Struck baby throughout most of it. But you did an excellent job doing it, haha. Nice work.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by freshtunes
Wow. You have only been playing one year and are that good. I've been playing for 5 and you just kicked my ass. The only thing is, it sounds like you ripped off Pride and Joy/Love Struck baby throughout most of it. But you did an excellent job doing it, haha. Nice work.

I'm really glad you think I'm going good. It helps motivate me.

Yes, I did rip off pride and joy and love struck baby...but only because I want to learn to play like SRV and some other famous guitarists before I create my own style. But I know what it is...

SRV + Stray Cats. =)

Thanks alot for the reply.
-Jim Morrison
Real nice playing there man

I really enjoy SRV and blues in general. So yeah I enjoyed that, you were really good man.
Keep it up
Up the Irons
Quote by King Jesus
Real nice playing there man

I really enjoy SRV and blues in general. So yeah I enjoyed that, you were really good man.
Keep it up

Wow, serious? O.O

I hear the recording and I cringe...thanks alot!
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Wow, serious? O.O

I hear the recording and I cringe...thanks alot!

Yeah, overall that's really good.
I get what you mean when you say that you think you suck, I get the same thing too. My friends tell me I don't but I guess I'm overly-critical with my playing, I suppose you're too. But that's not exactly a bad thing, it can be a driving force to improve and practice harder.
Up the Irons
Last edited by King Jesus at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by King Jesus

Yeah, overall that's really good.
I get what you mean when you say that you think you suck, I get the same thing too. My friends tell me I don't but I guess I'm overly-critical with my playing, I suppose you're too. But that's not exactly a bad thing, it can be a driving force to improve and practice harder.

My friends joke about me being so critical of my playing. I refuse to suck, so I constantly keep practicing.

Thanks again man.
-Jim Morrison