well you changed quite a bit of it, especially the rhythm, which i didnt really like. the guitar sounded a bit sloppy in places (maybe cut back on some of the effects?), and i dont think you used the right tuning, though maybe you know that and did so intentionally. if you clean up the effects and make it longer overall to give the ideas a chance to develop, maybe it wont sound so rushed. however the vocals were decent. but i must give you props for covering a great song by my favourite artist.
Thanks for the crit. I just realized how drastically I changed the rhythm of some of the lyrics (oops!) As far as the effects go, I'm pretty limited to some cheap (and outdated) recording software effects. I have no idea how the song is tuned, I just figured it out by ear in standard (with a capo at the second fret.)

To be completely honest, I wasn't at first intending to make an actual cover song of this. I was just putting down a few measures of the main riff so I could get the vocals melodies down, but it turned out sounding kind of cool when I tweaked it more and more. That probably explains why it's a bit sloppy.

I do appreciate the comments. Cheers!
no problem.

the tab on this site is actually pretty accurate, and this is the tuning, for you interest:

G
G
G
D
G
D
Quote by heaven's gate
no problem.

the tab on this site is actually pretty accurate, and this is the tuning, for you interest:

G
G
G
D
G
D

Cool, thanks man.