I was thinking of purchasing a Boss BR-1600 so I can record demo's with my band at rehearsal but I would like to purchase something to use for recording live too as I don't think my Korg D4 will do. Do you think this could hold up well? 8 inputs seems enough for my band (3 for drums, 1 for bass, 2 for guitar and 2 for vocals/backing vocals).

Also what would be the best way for me to record this live? obviously if nothing needs micing up to be heard I can mic up and plug straight into the recorder, but what about vocals or if other things need micing too? Could I send from the recorder to the P.A or vice versa?
Quote by refuse
I was thinking of purchasing a Boss BR-1600 so I can record demo's with my band at rehearsal but I would like to purchase something to use for recording live too as I don't think my Korg D4 will do. Do you think this could hold up well? 8 inputs seems enough for my band (3 for drums, 1 for bass, 2 for guitar and 2 for vocals/backing vocals).

Also what would be the best way for me to record this live? obviously if nothing needs micing up to be heard I can mic up and plug straight into the recorder, but what about vocals or if other things need micing too? Could I send from the recorder to the P.A or vice versa?

hey guy
well i have the littel brother of the br-1600 ihave the br-1180cd and i love it
so if you do get it let me know love to hear some of the sounds you
come up with in the cosm sounds.
this recording of paranoid i did was on the br-1180

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/OMNISIN/

OMNISIN
SDMF
Attachments:
th_SDMFCROSS.jpg
SORRY
i did pay attition to the post.
if your d4 has RCA out or midi out you should be able to sinc them up.
i have looked in to this for my br-1180 and the best way is to get an out side mixing board 16 chanel or so most music stores rent them or some clubs have a house board.
the set your br to record in streo and record it dry.
then add the cosm effects and protools on the final mix down.
the coolthing about this is you could go back after the show and fix all mustakes
kinda like kiss did on live and live II you'll have the rest of your tracks open to do this.
hal leonard books put out a book on my BR-1180 the probly have one for yours
and they do give a lay out for micing guitar,drums,panio and vocal.
pm me if you wan't some input from mine.
Good luck feel free to contack me if you want
ps
sorry about the spelling but like i said i did look into this for mine. HERE IS A LINK TO HAL LEONARD BOOKS
http://www.stagepass.com/cgi-bin/search/allproduct/searchdatabase.pl?m=and&type=general&kwrds=BR-1180&x=16&y=18

OMNISIN
SDMF