Okay ive been running this metal band for over a year, and the guitarist im really not getting on with. Basically ive had to do everything because the other guys are pretty quiet/shy and a bit lazy really, so he may be resentful for my amount of control, but he never writes or makes suggestions he just saysrrandom negative **** eg. i was working on an album cover and he said 'we should concentrate on writing some decent songs first' ...considering i spent hours doing tabs for him he was in no position to be critical of my hard work.

We got a new bandmember who is nearer his age than i am and they get on well and i more with the singer, but its gotten to the point where he wont speak to me when the other guy is there and when i say something to the band they look at each other and smile as if to be dissing me.

I really want to just kick his ass and get a new guitarist but its really hard where we are at and we work well together in the music. Im not sure whether to boot him or what. Ive had to boot the other original members for not showing up to gigs and stuff so everyone will think im a nazi if i am the only original member.
no you should take control and they should man up
for glory
for metal
for the band!!!!!!!!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
no you should take control and they should man up
for glory
for metal
for the band!!!!!!!!

the other guys put in 100% despite being in for months rather than a year like him.
kick em. running a band is takes work, but it shouldn't be a chore for you to do with people you don't like.

and as far as it sounds. it doesn't sound like a band. it sounds like you are writing material, and these guys just play it.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
what kind of music/where are you guys located...cause ill play for ya and that way you can kick him out
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
Quote by deadhand329
what kind of music/where are you guys located...cause ill play for ya and that way you can kick him out

prog metal in the uk. it is a chore for me doing ****ing everything but it was good not to have to argue over **** initially. he also plays 7 string which we will need lol.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
prog metal in the uk. it is a chore for me doing ****ing everything but it was good not to have to argue over **** initially. he also plays 7 string which we will need lol.

lol funny thing that cause ive been debating getting a seven string...however i dont plan on moving to the uk anytime soon...sorry bro
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
Quote by kriscornella2@g
the other guys put in 100% despite being in for months rather than a year like him.

oh...well then HE shouldman up?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Sounds like a prick. Kick him out.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Kick him out. If you're writing all the songs and booking all the shows then you have the right to fire anyone you want.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
My band's always fighting. But we get over it. There was one time when the bass player hit the drummer over the head with a cymbal stand. But that night we all got ****faced and became blood brothers again.
Quote by metal Lover
My band's always fighting. But we get over it. There was one time when the bass player hit the drummer over the head with a cymbal stand. But that night we all got ****faced and became blood brothers again.

lol literally blood bros. cymbal stands are heavy
Ever heard of the band leading forum?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Go Solo.

I nearly went solo once, cuz I ended playing lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, and did all the vocals.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by Kivarenn82
kick em. running a band is takes work, but it shouldn't be a chore for you to do with people you don't like.

and as far as it sounds. it doesn't sound like a band. it sounds like you are writing material, and these guys just play it.

Yea man. I would think you guys are all like good friends but instead your all shy 'n stuff and don't really talk. You should fix this or start another band.
Quote by metaldud536
Yea man. I would think you guys are all like good friends but instead your all shy 'n stuff and don't really talk. You should fix this or start another band.

yeah but the bassist will leave, and the band has taken 6 months to find a prog bassist. we have just got going but i am of the opinion you dont have to be best friends with bandmembers but you should totally respect someone in bandtime which he doesnt do.
i have had a similar problem with another gutiarist who didnt respect me. i was the lead guitarist. and was good friends with the bassist. i left the band but kept the bassist.it was pretty cool