Page 1 of 3
There really hasn't been anything that's radically changed in the past years, at least in terms of mainstream stuff.

I think more complex rock music will become popular, and rock music fused with more electronica. Rap as we know it will fall and more of an underground and down to earth rap will emerge. Of course this is all a guess and can absolute crap.
Hopefully not a mix of techno, emo, and rap.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

emopolka... bands like shmorgen-mercy.... I cant wait!
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
what i see slightly more of these days is bands that use more experimental and electric beats (drums etc) Keyboard is becoming much much more mainstream and rock.
Gaslight
I want classic rock to come back. Where there can be actual talent in playing an instrument, instead of playing 3-6 chords over and over and call it a song.
black metal bands becoming supermodel stars because of million dollar maybellene and loreal makeup and hair product endoresements.
I agree with the TS. Rock, metal, blues or any form of contemporary intrument driven music would greatly benefit for technological and electronic instruments such as synthesizers, sequencers, samplers, and program machines... It doesn't have to sound like anything right now, like industrial or electronica thats the beauty of electronic intruments, theres no creative restraint. On the otherhand, the current state of music would greatly benefit from the simplicity of something like the blues.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Im really hoping for a heavy/thrash/power metal comeback
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by bow3022
I want classic rock to come back. Where there can be actual talent in playing an instrument, instead of playing 3-6 chords over and over and call it a song.

that'd definently be sweet
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I think your guess was pretty on spot.

And MTV will "die" soon. It's probably just a question of time.
Do you mean what kind of music will become popular? Or what kind of new music will emerge?

Popular: Pop and Hip Hop
New Music: I see an infusion of good guitar and pop due to all the attention guitar has gotten in the past year from video games like GH and Rock Band etc..
Imagine Britney Spears with some insane shredding or wailing on the guitar. I think it would be better than the crap on mainstream radio right now.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Metalcore will become the new scene I think.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by bow3022

alot of classic rock was playing 3-6 chords. Just with box pentatonic shaped solos!

I think 'maintream' music will be completly eliminated, with it becoming easier and easier for bands to record and get their music on the interent the mainstream will gone.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
more ****ty rap and hip hop and pop and "boy bands"

however, good artists will still be there, just not mainstream

Quote by sirstickykey
doom metal played in drop negative Q

i lol'd
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by bow3022

+1
Quote by bow3022

Elitist?
Quote by bow3022

so you want classic rock to come back because you dont like simple chord driven songs???
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by bow3022

There are still bands playing and writing classic rock. It's just they aren't on TV or the radio right now. The latest ones that I can think of that have are The Answer and Kings of Leon.

There are bands playing practically every type of music. You just don't hear about them because they aren't hugely popular. And what is popular changes each month. Not everything you like can be in the mainstream at once.
i hope classic punk comes back.......i know that it wont though.

edit: on second thought, im glad that it wont. that would defeat the whole attitude of it to have jocks and those types of people listening to it

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Nov 4, 2007,
Lol.. Classic rock only uses 3 chords over and over again. As does most rock influenced music.
i think it's gonna be more **** that's trying to be 'good' rock music that's getting back to its roots, but is really just generic **** that has no creativity or taste. like Wolfmother...
Quote by stuartstratford
Hopefuly Better Than The **** At The Moment You Look Back In Time When Music Sounded Good

Did you capitalize every word in that post?
There Be no more hip hop or rap or techno or malay or chinese or indian or other language songs!!!

there be no more pop or stupid boy band!

there be juz the main thing we all know and love which is all the rock genres including metal hardcore and punk
!!
I'll just get my crystal ball out
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Im really hoping a total revolution will happen.... Where world music, classical music, modernist classical, jazz and be combined somewhat into new music.... Unfortunatly i know my dreams will never happen.... And we will just hear more compressed beats and electro....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
i think it's gonna be more **** that's trying to be 'good' rock music that's getting back to its roots, but is really just generic **** that has no creativity or taste. like Wolfmother...

shut up. i personally think wolfmother is good.

Jack my swag
Quote by axeslinger01
so you want classic rock to come back because you dont like simple chord driven songs???

Exactly what i was thought when i read that post...
Hello
it will probably be this new stuff that atreyu/trivium/avenged sevenfold are doing. right now they are like almost mainstream. they are really popular, but not the same as bands like hinder or nickelback or something. i think that stuff will get more popular since its getting a more mainstream rock style sound, but still with the scream every now and then and the solos. then i think the bands will slowly go back to their roots while staying popular, which will make metalcore mainstream. then it will be like the whole glam dying and grunge coming back. metalcore will die and we will have soft pink floyd-ish stuff. basically the whole opposite. then that will slowly evolve into the whole classic rock thing we all want to come back. it will get heavier and heavier until he have metal. then people will want "poppier" stuff agin, thus creating glam and hair metal. then people will go into a state of depression and grunge will take over, thus starting the 90s over again and the cycle will continue from there.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by bow3022

*meh! looks at the chords of every AC/DC song ever*

*meh! is not impressed*

:p
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by sheumack111
Im really hoping a total revolution will happen.... Where world music, classical music, modernist classical, jazz and be combined somewhat into new music.

Fusions like that have already happened. You just have to look for them. Some examples:

World music ~ Samba + Jazz (+ rock) = Santana, Al DiMeola
~ Folk + Jazz = Phil Keaggy

Classical + Jazz = Keith Jarrett, George Gerschwin
If only dimebag and Cliff burton were still alive, then we'd have REAL music
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by InanezGuitars44
it will probably be this new stuff that atreyu/trivium/avenged sevenfold are doing. right now they are like almost mainstream. they are really popular, but not the same as bands like hinder or nickelback or something. i think that stuff will get more popular since its getting a more mainstream rock style sound, but still with the scream every now and then and the solos. then i think the bands will slowly go back to their roots while staying popular, which will make metalcore mainstream. then it will be like the whole glam dying and grunge coming back. metalcore will die and we will have soft pink floyd-ish stuff. basically the whole opposite. then that will slowly evolve into the whole classic rock thing we all want to come back. it will get heavier and heavier until he have metal. then people will want "poppier" stuff agin, thus creating glam and hair metal. then people will go into a state of depression and grunge will take over, thus starting the 90s over again and the cycle will continue from there.

You realise you're just talking about the metal scene?
Quote by metal overlord
If only dimebag and Cliff burton were still alive, then we'd have REAL music

Many would agree, many more would disagree.
Page 1 of 3