ok my setups in the sig, and yes you might say lulz esp, but i mostly play metal, and some guitarists i know reccomended it to me. I love it, but my amp just needs to go. Should I get a new amp, or is my guitar a bust, beyond my belief.

thanks.

So far, I have 60 saved up, with xmas and my birthday coming up soon.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Line 6's are digital and while versatile, aren't too "full" of a sound. I'd recommend a Krank amplifier, period.
Ummmm what's your price range?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
hmm, that's a good question facing, I'd say, well, 300-600.

Don't even bother if it's a cent above, since I probally won't even get that much. :/
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
You could get a used Peavey 5150 combo for that much .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You could get a used Peavey 5150 combo for that much .

Second time I heard that. My neighbor has the tube version, and I love it. Will sure consider it.

Now, to effects.

What should I try out?

Boss?
Electro-Harmonix?

What else?

I need a good metal tone, as well a good od, and maybe a cool chorus or phaser. I'd like to have a a single, or 2 pedals, for about 100 bucks. This will be for my bday.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Try a EHX Metal Muff or an Ibanez TubeScreamer for your distortion.

I've got a Danelectro Hash Browns flanger, they're not the greatest pedals ever but they're really good for the value(about $30 new.) It can give a chorus like, thickened up sound if you put all the setting really low and give a pretty nice flange when you turn them up.
again, like you guys always say, it's what the person likes the best. I'll try some pedals when I go to GC (most likely for my bday, in like 30 days) and try out a bunch of pedals.

but i heard good things about the tube screamer. Also should I attempt mixing these pedals, or will it just **** up tone?
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
You mean having the muff and the TS on at the same time? It won't sound too good I think, it'd be pretty muddy.

Perfect if you wanted to do drone music, I guess.

I suppose if you had, say, the TS set to just give a light boost on the muff it might not sound too bad... honestly I've never tried it so I can't say for sure, but I think it would generally not sound to keen.

EDIT: if you meant having a flanger/chorus/ect. and a distortion or OD pedal, that'd be fine.
ESP -> Ibanez TS9/808 -> Rocktron Silver Dragon -> 5150.

Win.

Edit:: Don't feel bad. I've had a Spyder III for a year this X-mas, and even though I suck I outplayed a Crate GT1200H half stack today at church.

The guy with the crate was easily 100X better than me, but the spider sounded 10X better than his crappy crate. To think I actually wanted one of those once upon a time.. Wow.

I wanna get an Epi Valve Jr., IBZ TS9, Epi '66 g-400 reissue, && rocktron silver dragon.

Birthday's wednesday, if anyone wants to send me cash or gifts.

p.s. I give sexual favors for gear.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 4, 2007,