Could someone point me in the direction of a good noise gate. I have 5150 and things can get pretty noisy.

And, i have some generic crappy GC cables, they really break up easily..Can some1 point out some decent cables to?

Thanks alot
ISP Noise Decimator + Planet Waves/Dimarzio/Pro Co/George L's.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
MXR smart gate is nice, i like it better than the decimator.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
^ really?! i've heard the ISP decimator owns all....no competition.

The Boss NS-2 is decent but you do lose some tone and sustain.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I use Pro-Co cables and love'em. Planet Waves are also very well recommended, opposed to the overpriced Monster cables.

from what I've heard, the ISP can't be beat. no question. I plan to get one in the next few months or so.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Instead of the pedal Decimator, get a Rocktron Hush rack unit. I think it works better & changes your tone less. Although, tone is all opinion based anyway, so go with your ears.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by V12prowler
MXR smart gate is nice, i like it better than the decimator.

Noise gates and noise supressors are two different things.

Gates chop off hiss/hum/feedback when you're not playing. These can kill sustain but tighten your tone.

Noise supressors/reducers will pull hiss, hum, and feeback from your signal. These can suck the life out of your tone.

Depending on how high you have each one set will depend on how much they affect your tone. I prefer the ISP decimator over the MXR noise gate just because the ISP doesn't really affect your tone much at all and it doesn't affect sustain at all.

As for cables, I recommend Planetwaves, Dimarzio, and Cobalt cables.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
sorry i use monster cables. overpriced? maybe a tad but if u keep the receipt and it brakes, u can get a new one at no cost. even if its getting old or if it starts to fail, u get a new one at no extra cost...just keep the receipt.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by racerXazn
sorry i use monster cables. overpriced? maybe a tad but if u keep the receipt and it brakes, u can get a new one at no cost. even if its getting old or if it starts to fail, u get a new one at no extra cost...just keep the receipt.

As do Planet Waves cables.

Hell, with them you don't even need the recipt. You just walk in a distributor, lay them on their table, they'll give you a new one, and mail those back.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
As do Planet Waves cables.

Hell, with them you don't even need the recipt. You just walk in a distributor, lay them on their table, they'll give you a new one, and mail those back.

sick! i should try those. its just that i think my fave guitar shop is mainly MONSTER ...so i'd have to look for planetwave. i dunno, monster is a bit overpriced. i'm still looking for a better and cheaper cable, i think i'll check planetwave out.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
thanks mesa ill go get some Planet waves i seem to abuse my cables..so that would be nice.

And i went to the GC today, and they had one noise gate, the boss one, and like normal IT SUCKED.

So im gonna look out for a ISP one. I lost the one on ebay for $1 extra i was watchin TV
dont wana spend $123 on a new one.
Quote by racerXazn

Monster is a company run by a bunch of assholes; don't support them.

EDIT: Changed the link to something that explains more.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll

That's obscene!

Is the ISP Decimator really that good? I've got an NS-2 but I can't get the settings right to cut the feedback on my current amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.