so i tried posting this over a month ago, and to my dismiss it was nowhere to be found in the bass forum, i was too lazy too go looking for it until today, when i realized i had posted it in the Customizing Gear forum (i know wtf?) so i deleted that, and now maybe i'll get a better answer here

i want to know if anyone knows anything about Juan Alderete's (Mars Volta/Racer X) Sig, will it ever come out, or is it doomed to being a one time only deal(Or a super expensive Custom Shop Guitar)

I have been hearing a lot about its release, and i really would buy depending on the price, most sigs are expensive, but usually worth it, i think with juan's it might be worth it.

Does anyone know if a release date and or price has been announced? or will it just be the one prototype they made, the one he has from the custom shop

heres some info i've found so far just about the bass nothing else, all taken from the Racer X website

It's got:
Fender Jazz body
Fender Jazz 1964 re-issue rosewood fretboard neck
Hipshot Vintage tuning keys
Hipshot Dtuner
Hipshot Ultralight bridge
Fender Stack Pot volume/tone pots. (Passive)
Black body with a red tortoise shell pick guard
Dual Dark Star pickups.

purple lighting makes it look crazy

i dislike mars volta but juan gets props for that mad bass
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
That's a sexy looking bass. Any idea on a price?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by watchingmefall
Juan said that it is not going to be made by Fender, as he moved to Lakland IIRC

Yeah I heard this on Talkbass. Lakland better no make it too expensive I want one, or two.
Considering it will be a signature model, it will be expensive.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Well, it's smart that they go to Lakland, because from what I understand, Lakland has a deal with the company behind the DarkStar pickups, and they're available as upgrades for all Lakland basses. From what I understand, if you wanted to buy DarkStars off the street, you'd have to pay $200-$400 a pickup. At Lakland, they can save you some cash. In conclusion, it's not going to be a cheap bass (few Laklands are), but it's going to be as cheap as a bass spec'd like that will possibly get.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
If Lakland comes out with a Skyline version then it'll be a little more affordable. If it's only the USA version then it'll probably be $2000-3000 like their other sig basses.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
If Lakland comes out with a Skyline version then it'll be a little more affordable. If it's only the USA version then it'll probably be $2000-3000 like their other sig basses.

i hope they do a skyline version. i would pick that up in a minute.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by watchingmefall
Juan said that it is not going to be made by Fender, as he moved to Lakland IIRC

Just to clarify:
Quote by RacerXBand.com
October 16, 2007
John Alderete's New Sponsor!

John Alderete is proud to announce his new official bass sponsor, Lakland. Lakland has been in business since 1994. John is very excited about the relationship, as Lakland will be giving him the personal attention to his basses that he desired. In addition, Lakland will be taking over production of his custom signature series.

Look for more information, when it becomes available.

Lakland is well respected musical instrument manufacturer that only makes bass instruments. The company's beginnings revolve around vintage bass restoration. As per the site, it is pronounced, "Lake Land".

Oh well, hopefully they make him a cool bass. It's a shame; that Fender is amazingly cool.
well i'm hoping the lakland is similarly designed, and as someone mentioned, is always viewed under purple stage lighting
Ahhh! Lake-land! Great, I hate sounding like a n00b in music stores... like saying wen-gee instead of wen-gay. Anyway, I think Juan's bass is just a Joe Osborne sig with DarkStar pickups in it. I remember reading that soon all Laklands will have the options for DarkStar pickups - so if they don't release a sig explicitly, you can make one yourself by buying a Joe Osborne.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Ahhh! Lake-land! Great, I hate sounding like a n00b in music stores... like saying wen-gee instead of wen-gay. Anyway, I think Juan's bass is just a Joe Osborne sig with DarkStar pickups in it. I remember reading that soon all Laklands will have the options for DarkStar pickups - so if they don't release a sig explicitly, you can make one yourself by buying a Joe Osborne.

A DarkStar option? Even if Juan doesn't have a sig bass, that's pretty sweet. I'm saving up for a Lakland