Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
well, the '66 has a full vintage style pickguard, and i think hotter wound pickups
G400 is standard, small pickguard, normal pickups as far as I know
the "Vintage" is supposed to look, well, vintatge.

I perfer the standard G400
I like the '66 Reissue but I'm wondering if there's actually any difference between the three. They're all the same price.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
They seem to be the same, just looks for the most part. I say try them out and get whichever one you like most as for tone and playability.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
man i would take the '66 reissue in a heartbeat
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I'm looking at the '66 Reissue.

Right now I'm running an Ibanez RG2EX2, B.C. Rich Avenge Son Of Beast, Digitech Grunge (which I never EVER use, now I can't cuz I lost my second bullet cable), and a line 6 spider. The intonation on BOTH guitars is ****ed up, the ibanez is literally falling apart and the bc rich just sucks.

I wanna get an Epi Valve Jr., Epi '66 Reissue SG, and Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. Sound okay?
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Samick TR2.

Better specs and a more balanced body shape.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I had the same plan on getting a Epiphone Valve Junior, a 66 reissue g400 and a ts9 too...
That was EXACTLY what I going to get . The 66 reissue is really nice. It looks wonderful. Sounded great to me. The only thing that made me decide against it was it didnt feel right to me. So I would really recommend you try one or at least a similar g400 and make sure it feels good.

That set up will sound damn good. I ended up with a HSS Fender Standard Strat, an Epiphone Valve Junior, and a TS9. I really liked the 66 reissue, it just wasnt for me.
That samick looks damn freakin' sexy. Only problem is I can't find an audio sample, and I already told my parents about the '66 reissue.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
That samick looks damn freakin' sexy. Only problem is I can't find an audio sample, and I already told my parents about the '66 reissue.

My first guitar was a G400; the TR2 has much livelier pickups and is a much more resonant guitar in general.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
My first guitar was a G400; the TR2 has much livelier pickups and is a much more resonant guitar in general.

Hm. If I can muster the cash I'll consider it. Know any other places that might carry it? I may have to go through Guitar Center simply because there's actually one around. I do NOT trust the internet when it comes to guitar sales, half the time it ends up all screwed up thanks to shipping.

I would order it online if it came through GC, Musicians Friend, or ZZsounds.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by FacingUsAll

My g400 is resonant as hell man! But maybe its just a good pick. Thats why looking at the store is always the best idea. I think the vintage g400 might have a little different shaped neck than the others but i dunno, just thought i read that somewhere or something. And the pickups are decent but for higher gain you'll just need to change the bridge.
Do you like the GFS pickups you put in yours?

Whenever I get mine back (I ended up lending it to a buddy a long time ago) I think I'm gonna throw some GFS P90s in it.
Quote by utsapp89
I like the 66 Reissue one myself. I have been looking at these for a while and they are all pretty close to sounding the same and playing the same. I found a used Epi Cream LP Special/SG with gold hardware and three pups for $315.00 in very good shape maybe mint if the neck will clean up I might get it instead. I am pretty sure I can talk them a few more bucks. I'm still undecided myself and I do not need another guitar I( am up to my ears in guitars) so I can wait. If the guitar gets sold before I make up my mind the 66 might be my choice.

John
Quote by FacingUsAll
Do you like the GFS pickups you put in yours?

Whenever I get mine back (I ended up lending it to a buddy a long time ago) I think I'm gonna throw some GFS P90s in it.

Yeah i really like the GFS pu's. The power rails are pretty nice for high gain. And the fat paf was like they said, nice fat and really nice for blues. I'm glad i didn't spend like 100 bucks per pickup lol, and they still sound really good and a lot better than the stock ones.

Quote by johnro6659
Epi Cream LP Special/SG with gold hardware and three pups for $315.00

John

If the sg says les paul on the pickguard and 3 pickups doesn't that mean its a g400 custom? That sounds like a good deal.
Last edited by yoyodunno at Nov 4, 2007,
I am looking at all 3 myself at the moment (UK). Don't think we can get the 1966 re-issue here. Wanted the G400 in black so was tinkering with the idea of down grading to the Vintage Vs6 as its looks identical to the '66 re-issue.

Have only played the G400 but my local dealer is ordering in a vintage model for me to play before I make my decision.

1st choice: '66 re-issue
2nd choice: Vintage
3rd choice: Standard

This is based on looks alone