Lemme start by saying that I was already a fan of Rainbow, mostly because of Ronnie James Dio's awesome vocals. so, today I bought the Dio album "Holy Diver", and man is it awesome. RJD's vocals are great as usual, but what really surprised was the great guitar playing of Vivian Campbell; hes only 19 on this album, and man can he shred! anyway, just wondering if anybody likes this band?
i like killswitches cover of holy diver for the video, but yes, dio has some wicked vocals, i didnt know he was in rainbow though!!?
Quote by CraigKing
i like killswitches cover of holy diver for the video, but yes, dio has some wicked vocals, i didnt know he was in rainbow though!!?

ah yes.
i was skeptical of that cover at first...but i watched the video and was amazed

but Ronnie James Dio is the man
Gentlemen, I redirect you to the preexisting Dio thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8408541#post8408541

But yes, Dio is my favorite vocalist and I love all of his Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath, and solo stuff.

Quote by CraigKing
i didnt know he was in rainbow though!!?

Listen to Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow or Rising, to start out with. Both are amazing albums.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by CraigKing
i didnt know he was in rainbow though!!?

not knowing that is like not knowing Dio popularised the devils horns (hand sign) as a rock/metal symbol

great performer indeed he is, played with the greats (blackmore, iommi). one of the few vocalists who can out perform some of the younger guns (along with Jagger, Tyler, Gillan etc)