Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 40W 1x12 Guitar Combo - $500 shipped

Amp is in perfect shape and even includes the footswitch, which Peavey sells separately. Only used in my music room. I bought a Carvin Legacy head so I no longer need this. Works perfectly and is more than loud enough. Remember, tube power is way louder than solid state, so if your looking to upgrade from your current setup, this is the perfect amp. Can also run it into a 16ohm 4x12 cabinet for head crushing sound.

I'm looking to get $500 for this, but I'm willing to negotiate. Usually sells for over $800 new plus another $35 for the footswitch. I'll also throw in some guitar magazines.

Reviews: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Peavey/Triple+XXX+Super+40+112+Combo/10/1

40W of all-tube power through a 12" Triple XXX 30 speaker delivers stellar tone with high gain and ample volume for most gigs. A fantastic amp for the studio, it features an Accutronics spring reverb and footswitchable effects loop. Clean, crunch, and ultra channels with independent EQ and tight, medium, and loose resonance control.

Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 40W 1x12 Guitar Combo Specifications:
* 21-1/2"W x 18"H x 10-1/4"D * 52.6 lbs.

Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 40W 1x12 Guitar Combo Features:
* 40W
* 12" Triple XXX 30 speaker
* 3 channels
* Accutronics spring reverb
* Footswitchable effects loop
* Clean, crunch, and ultra channels
* Independent EQ per channel
* Tight, medium, and loose resonance controls

hey man would you consider a trade for an MIA strat? really interested in this amp...
Quote by Marrklarr
hey man would you consider a trade for an MIA strat? really interested in this amp...

Thanks for the offer. Not really looking for any gear.
How much to australia?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by Unofficial
I'm interested. Very. Would you ship it to Wisconsin?

Can't ship to Australia, but yeah, the price includes shipping to Wisconson. Shoot me an email at mfergel at comcast dot net as for some reason, I don't always get my notifications from the site.
Is there any way you could host some sound clips of it, mainly the crunch and ultra channels?
Quote by ketiov
Is there any way you could host some sound clips of it, mainly the crunch and ultra channels?

I'll see if I can record some. I always kind of hate using sound examples as there are so many factors outside of the amp itself, such as the guitar, pickups, micing, etc. Plus, I used to work as an engineer so to some extent, I can make some bad stuff sound fairly good using different micing techniques, etc.
Quote by mfergel
I'll see if I can record some. I always kind of hate using sound examples as there are so many factors outside of the amp itself, such as the guitar, pickups, micing, etc. Plus, I used to work as an engineer so to some extent, I can make some bad stuff sound fairly good using different micing techniques, etc.

I just need a general how the amp sounds by itself. The sound I get definitely won't be the same, but it will be similar. The main thing I'm looking at is if the sound is a newer or older type of distortion sound.
Quote by ketiov
I just need a general how the amp sounds by itself. The sound I get definitely won't be the same, but it will be similar. The main thing I'm looking at is if the sound is a newer or older type of distortion sound.

It's definitely newer. I have to turn the gain on the hot channel down to about 3 because it's so hot. I usually play rock/hard rock. It can do metal for sure. The crunch channel can get classic rock. Clean is nice as well.

Essentially, it's pretty close to a JSX for the clean and rhythm but the ultra is a jsx on steroids.