So I bought my first bass a couple of years ago, an Ibanez GSR something starter bass. I played around with it for about a month but I never really got into it. Around 6 months ago, I picked it up again and now I'm playing it in a band. However, the age has caught up with it (and I've mishandled it some, I'll admit), but the point is, it's literally falling apart now so I'm ready for a new one.

I'm now looking for an intermediate level bass. I actually liked the tone the Ibanez gave me, but I've never really had a chance to compare it to anything else. I wouldn't mind trying out a Fender. I want a bass that plays well in indie rock type songs (i.e. Oasis), but can still pack a punch in ska/reggae type songs. It would be nice if it could hold its own in punk and pop rock too. My price range is around $300-500.

So, any recommendations?

I know this might be a little vague, but honestly, I'm completely lost on what to buy next. If you need any more info, I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
1. Go to an instrument shop
2. Try basses in your price range
3. If you like one, buy it
4. If you don't, look somewhere else

What he said, and, don't worry about what other people think about it. If you like it, go for it.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
it's gotta be what you like, what feels good to you, not anyone else
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.