THE GUITAR IS HERE

brown sunburst
i love the way it looks and i played my buddy's fender strat but im not sure of the difference in the different kinds of strats like American and HSS or w/e
Rock On

That's a nice guitar. I'm guessing from your custom title that you're a Maiden fan, and your guitar will be great for that.
hhs has a fatter neck for more sustain buddy is a bad it sounds exactly like a stardard just a 250 paint job >_> stardard has a smaller neck. if i were u choose the stardard!!!
Quote by 1sebastian1
hhs has a fatter neck for more sustain buddy is a bad it sounds exactly like a stardard just a 250 paint job >_> stardard has a smaller neck. if i were u choose the stardard!!!

ok so you have no idea what you're talking about...
the only difference between hss and the standard is the humbucker in the bridge position, which is better for heavier distortion.
No. HSS means a Humbucker-singlecoil-singlecoil pickup configuration, as on the TS's guitar. Most strats are SSS = three singlcoils.
Quote by 1sebastian1

Worst. Post. Ever.

^And yes, listen to him. If you like Maiden, you're going to need that bridge humbucker. HSS is the way to go for you
A used Charvel CX series would put you in Maiden land for cheap too. Like $150 cheap. good quality MIJ guitars with great FRs. Upgrade the pickups and electronics, and its still a lot less then the MIM and is even more killer.
Quote by 1sebastian1

What the everliving **** was that!?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
you have been playing for FOUR MONTHS! im not getting onto you because i wen thtru the same thing, but unless your current guitar ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY SUCKS!! dont buy another guitar until u at least hit the 7 or 8 month mark
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
you have been playing for FOUR MONTHS! im not getting onto you because i wen thtru the same thing, but unless your current guitar ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY SUCKS!! dont buy another guitar until u at least hit the 7 or 8 month mark

He's got a point. What amp do you have now, and why are you looking to buy a new guitar?
first of all thx for the help =)

as for amp i have a 15 watt Marshall which is out of commission at the moment due to the tip of a cable breaking off inside (if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me)

and as for the guitar im not looking to buy right now it wouldn't be until july or so if i did ( i have to get the money for it )

and the reason is, i played my buddy's strat and i loved it, but like i said im not going to run out tonight and buy one lol just wanted some info on em is all.
Rock On

Quote by L_sekal
first of all thx for the help =)

as for amp i have a 15 watt Marshall which is out of commission at the moment due to the tip of a cable breaking off inside (if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me)

and as for the guitar im not looking to buy right now it wouldn't be until july or so if i did ( i have to get the money for it )

and the reason is, i played my buddy's strat and i loved it, but like i said im not going to run out tonight and buy one lol just wanted some info on em is all.

oo ok well then yea good ur using ur head. yea sorry bout ur amp tho, if u cant get it fixed try upgrading to like a vox or something that will be of more use to you later on,
as for the guitar, thats a great guitar, it would be an amazing starter guitar. i have the squier version of it, which has seriously served me well and the fender is only better
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The Fender is like 300x better than a Squier, so, yeah. Anyway, I'd get a new amp before that strat. I'm guessing you have an MG, so look into a Roland Cube (Not the 20 watt), or a Vox Valvetronix. After you get a decent amp, then gobble up that Fender
haha kk

i used my buddys vox amp.... wow it was amazing...im still trying to find out how to steal it from him.... j/p
Rock On

Last edited by L_sekal at Nov 4, 2007,
Let me be honest; a nice playing and cool guitar will help you more then a crappy guitar with a nice amp from an influence perspective. I had an MG as my second amp, and while technically I bought an amp first, it was only because my Frontman NEVER worked right. Leave it up to him... and TS, don't let others influence you, I know how those Strats can be. an upgrade can make a world of difference. Trust me, I went through exactly like you did
If the TS doesn't want his ears to bleed, he will buy an amp first. Besides, his current one is broken. If his current guitar doesn't play like a bleeding ass, he's fine with it until he fixes his amp issue.

On a side note, an MG from a Frontman is hardly an upgrade.
Quote by Serendipity
If the TS doesn't want his ears to bleed, he will buy an amp first. Besides, his current one is broken. If his current guitar doesn't play like a bleeding ass, he's fine with it until he fixes his amp issue.

On a side note, an MG from a Frontman is hardly an upgrade.

Worse comes to worse he has to replace the jack, not major, and of no fault of the amp. And yeah, it is, when the MG works right. And yes it is an upgrade. Play a Frontman that hardly works and get an MG that while over priced, worked well for a beginner... the point is he's happy with his amp. Just because YOU aren't doesn't mean he should buy a new one.
Get a new Amp first. You'll be MUCH more satisfied.

By the way, what's your current guitar?
a dean michael schenkner ed. flying v
nothing wrong with it at all =)
Rock On