Great recording. Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about it, everything is solid. Very unique voice on some parts and very different from the norm. Keep writing material like this and you will go far.

*EDIT*
After listening to your other tunes my negative thing to say is don't just write songs about love. Sure it's a good starter but you need to broaden your range. But still You I loved you is a great track.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Last edited by Travis^Co at Nov 4, 2007,
Holy **** you blow me away!! Your really talented and you will go far man. I don't usally listen to music like this but I'll listen to yours any time. Keep it up. Crit mine In my sig please.
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Hey thanks for the positive feedback... I've listened to my song on myspace and it sounds a lot lower quality I hate that from myspace...

Thanks tho!

Descendent... i listened to streets of damnation and it was good i like your raspy voice but the recording could be a little better... the tone is not bad either but the drums seem very fake...

I like it though keep it up
the vocals are amazing... they really make this song great.
not sure whether its a good or bad thing that i have a soft spot for piano rock (train/the fray etc), but i like this a lot.

another thing i notice is that all the best music on here is coming out of florida!
Hey guys, thanks for the responses... as a follow up to the last crit, I would like to say that it would mean nothing more than me to be on the radio... so I was going for that? As for the lack in vocal depth, I do agree, its simple and different but your view of lack may be just that... your view.

It's not that I don't appreciate you're ideas but you came down on the fact that I wrote a mainstream, over produced song with a "well timed" interlude....

What would you like me to write, something that no one will ever listen to? I think you want to be heard just as much as I do... thats why I write something people can listen too... and if it takes an over produced song than oh well... I was just looking for some more depth in your critique and sadly you gave me nothing I could take from that....

Thanks!
Boo to the midi keyboard

It's nicely produced, and the vox are spot on. It builds up really nicely as well.

I can see what scottss is saying about it being a little too "over produced" but I think that's really because this is a home recording (I assume?) and the instruments are probably programmed so it makes it sound a little clinical.

In regards to the lyrics: yeah, they're a little one-dimensional, but they fit the song and they work well in relation to the rest of the track, in my opinion.

Good job, nicely recorded. You can (or should that be "one can"? ) hear that you've put a lot of time and effort into this track!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by ovdojoey
Hey guys, thanks for the responses... as a follow up to the last crit, I would like to say that it would mean nothing more than me to be on the radio... so I was going for that? As for the lack in vocal depth, I do agree, its simple and different but your view of lack may be just that... your view.

It's not that I don't appreciate you're ideas but you came down on the fact that I wrote a mainstream, over produced song with a "well timed" interlude....

What would you like me to write, something that no one will ever listen to? I think you want to be heard just as much as I do... thats why I write something people can listen too... and if it takes an over produced song than oh well... I was just looking for some more depth in your critique and sadly you gave me nothing I could take from that....

Thanks!

I don't think your comment towards him was deserved. By the sounds of it you already have an ego. You said you were looking for depth in his critique and he gave it. If you don't like what he said then you shouldn't be posting the song if you think you will get balanced feedback. I don't think he was really putting you down for writing something mainstream, so you shouldn't be coming down on him. You're not in the mainstream yet bud.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Haha, nor do I think I am bud. I do know that I spend a lot of time working on my songs, hours perfecting them and I don't come up here and post some rough non produced song.

I don't think your comment was a critique either - that that it matters at this point. To continue with my argument let me point out a pivotal question... What exactly did he help me with...? I don't believe there was one thing that he told me to work on... He didn't give me any specific examples where the vocals were weak, or why this "well timed" interlude, was ... well... "well timed" what the hell does that mean anyways... I am expressing my thoughts, and frankly he shouldn't come up for a non-helpful crit without evidence backing it. That's not to say I'm looking for people to praise my feet, because I'm not, UG has helped me right some of my personal best works because of the criticism I have taken and learned from.

But please don't tell me that you got anything from his crit, because I honestly didn't.... (what is a well timed interlude anyways...?)

And furthermore, the post I made did not come down on him whatsoever (or his music) except when I said "I was just looking for some more depth in your critique and sadly you gave me nothing I could take from that...."

So I do apologize if that was a bit to harsh... SORRY...

I do have an ego, yes who doesn't? - But mainly I like to take pride in my work, and show it off, not brag about it...
WOW! Very good. Not much to say, I didn't like the odd sounding second voice at the beginning of the song. Good melody to it. Awesome vocals, different, but good. At points its gets odd and sounds all pitchy, almost too pitchy. It also a bit repetitive and not really any different sounding at any parts. I really cant complain tho. Your incredible. Good luck with your music.

Please Crit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704912
Quote by scottss7
i agree with some other comments. Some unique vocal work but I feel the lyrics are a little lacking in depth. The chorus seems overdone especially with the "well-timed" piano break right after. It feels staged and in desire of being a radio song. It feels overproduced. I'm sorry, i realize i'm coming down on the song, I suppose its just different strokes for different folks.

please critique this song
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706469

Would you like the piano break at an awkward moment?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I wish the intro went somewhere more.

It kind of starts suddenly.

I love your voice it's so good.

I think the backing vocals in the beginning are a little too much.

It's kind of hard to understand what you're saying at times but that's a stylistic thing.

Very Fray-ish and cool, I like it a lot, and everything I said was nitpicky because it's certainly good as it is, but if you want to make it perfect, I would taket those things into account.
I like how the drums come in at the beginning. The vocals are good but sound a bit too produced if you know that I mean. I know someone has said that before but it seems like you've lost some of your natural vocal tones during production. I tend to do that a lot in my songs.

It's a good pop song. Good melodies, the vocal harmonies at the end get a bit too much for me but that's probably what you wanted. But there seems to be a lot going on, i'll give it another listen I suppose.

Well keep writing, this does sound like radio material...

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706684

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com