Well, I've finally found a place where they actually have one, and I just loved it. They were also selling a bit scuffed model for $390, and I thought, "AWESOME!" Next week, I'm gonna go back and try that one out, and wanted to see what others I should consider for a new tube amp. My budget is around that price, $400 or so. I'm not sure if the model was made in the US or in Vietnam, but how well-built are the two?

I play blues, rock, and metal and plan to get an OD pedal soon so I can play some harder stuff. Definitely getting a TS9 (I'll mod it later), but I'm still wondering what kind I should get for harder metal (early Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden).
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Nov 5, 2007,
I think the V16 + OD would be good for you and at that price great! And try to make sure its a USA made one, you can check on the back there is a brass plate that says where it was designed and made. The usa ones are from the st. louis plant, but if it says vietnam and sounds good then that should be good too, not sure about the longevity of those ones tho.

edit: oh you said the V32 was less than 400 bucks! Thats a really awesome deal. I would snatch that up whether it was the vietnam one or the american made one, as long as it works. Go for it soon!
Last edited by yoyodunno at Nov 5, 2007,
if you can get the 32 i would get it just incase you want to gig. it will get blues all the way to rock on its own. the OD would be only to push it higher gain. i def say get teh blem V32

EDIT: sell the MG and buy a Bad Monkey, OD808 or some other overdrive
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I finally tried out the V32, and it is a hundred times better than I expected. I definitely think it's one of (if not the) best amp for the price.

For an OD i'd go with the TS808 or a Maxon. Then use it with the amp's overdrive to get a more metal sound.
get teh v32 that s what im getting. btw: is the v32 good enough to handle metal sounds?or should i get a tubescreamer for that?
I've heard that the V32 isn't that good for metal, even with a TS, but I don't know much about it. Still, I'm interested in getting some Boss OD for heavier stuff.
Hey im interested in this amp as well, with a pedal could this amp do shred and 80's stuff to modern?
Quote by KetchupLad14
I finally tried out the V32, and it is a hundred times better than I expected. I definitely think it's one of (if not the) best amp for the price.

For an OD i'd go with the TS808 or a Maxon. Then use it with the amp's overdrive to get a more metal sound.

+2
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.