I am looking to buy the Ibanez Xiphos soon and I was wondering who here had it and could give me their pros and cons of it . Also, what would you recommend switching out if needed for pure metal tonage. Thanks.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
how do you make ur own forum please help

sorry for getting of topic and i know its noobish
i dont have one, but ive played one
sounds like a beast, plays like a beast, crazy like a beast, finish is a beast
the only problem i had with it was that it is top heavy
(when not hold ing the neck, the guitar head will go down)
and the red finish is orgasmicly awwesum
i just hate top heavy guitars
how do you make ur own forum please help.

sorry for getting of topic and i know its noobish
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
i dont have one, but ive played one
sounds like a beast, plays like a beast, crazy like a beast, finish is a beast
the only problem i had with it was that it is top heavy
(when not hold ing the neck, the guitar head will go down)
and the red finish is orgasmicly awwesum
i just hate top heavy guitars

+1 Played some in the music stores, they're ****ing awesome for metal. Edge III's aren't THAT bad.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
my freind modded his so the strap button is now under the horn and now it is perfectly ballanced
Quote by 20sacksam
+1 Played some in the music stores, they're ****ing awesome for metal. Edge III's aren't THAT bad.

Until about three months when they start to go out of tune if you look at them wrong.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Yeah, I have played guitars with the Edge III, they don't seem too bad. I plan on getting Chameleon Red as well so that should be pretty sick. Pretty sure the top heavy thing won't bother me though.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Its a good guitar...practically Muhammed Suicmez's sig minus the EMG's and the NECROPHAGIST inlay. I'd get it in black, probably change the floyd and maybe the pickups (I like Deactivators) but its all up to you.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Sounds good. I'll either be using EMG's or the DiMarzio's. And does black color change? I kinda like the red haha. Thanks everyone.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Its a good guitar I hear. Although for the few months there is before the Edge 3 on it goes to hell, I would be saving for an OFR replacement.
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Until about three months when they start to go out of tune if you look at them wrong.

I've had my Edge III since June and it still stays in tune everytime.
Quote by FRDesign

Yeah but what tuning do you have it in?

I would mostly have mine in either drop c or d maybe.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Quote by FRDesign

Wow, 4 months, I'm sure it'll stay in tune forever now.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Wow, 4 months, I'm sure it'll stay in tune forever now.

hey, don't make fun of him! in an FRDesignian Universe, 4 months = forever. You can find his other great physics discoveries in his work entitled Principia: The Time is teh n00b .
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Xiphos' are incredible guitar's for their price... fast neck... low action... ZR Trem is good... stays in tune... the only thing I didn't like about it was that it's a little neck-heavy... and I would have changed out the Deactivator's with EMG 81 & 60.
Quote by nexteyenate
hey, don't make fun of him! in an FRDesignian Universe, 4 months = forever. You can find his other great physics discoveries in his work entitled Principia: The Time is teh n00b .

How could I have been so stupid and ignorant?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
The Edge 3 is an awesome trem. You can push down the strings on it. It is a direct swap with EMG HZ pickups. Steve Vai uses the Washburn version of the Edge 3. If you can, try to find a used Edge 8 on ebay or craigslist. You can open up an extra hole on the Edge 8 to fit your pickups and maybe even do drop tunings if you set the input jack right.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Xiphos' are incredible guitar's for their price... fast neck... low action... ZR Trem is good... stays in tune... the only thing I didn't like about it was that it's a little neck-heavy... and I would have changed out the Deactivator's with EMG 81 & 60.

do ur reserch noob, the xiphos has an edge III not a ZR.
Quote by brandooon
The Edge 3 is an awesome trem. You can push down the strings on it. It is a direct swap with EMG HZ pickups. Steve Vai uses the Washburn version of the Edge 3. If you can, try to find a used Edge 8 on ebay or craigslist. You can open up an extra hole on the Edge 8 to fit your pickups and maybe even do drop tunings if you set the input jack right.

Listen to this guy, he has his shit straight, probably knows more than everyone combined.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky