I use the 65 watt ibanez, I personally think it's awesome.
Ibanez.com has sound samples for their tbx amps.
Although quite alot of them are set stink. (generally scooped sounds)

The ibanez amps can get really awesome sounds out of them though, anything from fat, bassy, mid rich tones, to horrific scooped mid tones. (the x mode button scoops em)
I personally think the tbx 65 is worth it, since it can keep up with drums fairly well, without feeding back massively.

I can't say much for the vox unfortunately, but I know it's not the greatest at metal, since a friend has the 15 watter.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
how do you make ur own forum please help

sorry for getting of topic and i know its noobish
hrm, i'm not 100% if 30 solidstate watts would be able to cope in a band situation. it'd be a fine line for sure. depends what everyone else is playing and how hard your drummer is playing.

if he's just a tapper it could work.. otherwise you might be best off saving up another couple hundred for a better amp.

what kinda stuff are you playing?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
hrm, i'm not 100% if 30 solidstate watts would be able to cope in a band situation. it'd be a fine line for sure. depends what everyone else is playing and how hard your drummer is playing.

if he's just a tapper it could work.. otherwise you might be best off saving up another couple hundred for a better amp.

what kinda stuff are you playing?

metal...and the other guitarist is planning on getting the 30 watt vt...so could the 30 keep up with that?
ok, so if you're playing metal. chances are the drummer and bassist will be pretty loud. along with yelling.

both of you should save your money up and buy some nice tubey combos.

don't get me wrong, i like the vox's and all. but its hard to say if it'll cope well when cranking it to get up to the drums.
scince your playing with a band id say an ibanez thermion combo. great tone, semi lo/hi price,tube
just checked out that thermion. looks like a good amp on paper! i wonder how it actually performs and what its reliability is?
both of you should save your money up and buy some nice tubey combos.

+1

Now then, my first bit of advice is...don't buy a ToneBlaster!

Just don't, please. It's Ibanez's first recent attempt for some time at building a 'proper' amp and frankly, it shows. It's just a socially ambitious MG...expect hissing and horrible fizzy trebles.

The Thermion is a nice piece of kit (built like a tank!), but since you can pick up a used Mesa or a 5150 for around the same price it's a bit pointless!

Second answer - for band practice and jamming that 30W Vox would be sufficient - but only just. If you plan on gigging I'd go for the 50W, though as there's a fair few decent valve amps around that price it's wise to look around and see what suits you best.
no vox. don't be a pussy, real men do metal TEH BROOOTTALZZZZZZZZZZZ way - a MARSHALL MG FULL STACK. THE OVERDRIVE IS CRUSHING!

ok seriously, high gain: 5150, randall (warhead if u can find one and if u like dime's tone). but thermion, im not too sure. it's a bit too expensive, i would stick with 5150, etc. and as far as i know the thermion isn't in combo, and the stack would be far too loud if u were considering a 50 watt toneblaster.

and for the jose guy asking how to make a "forum" - u cant, only the guy in charge of this site can. the stuff we make are called threads, not forums. u do that by looking under ur control panel on the left side of the page, theres a button saying "new thread".
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Last edited by musicfreak003 at Nov 7, 2007,