Ok, I hate to come to UG for homework help, but I have to write a short essay for my geography class about how cultural diffusion can reinforce ethnocentrism, and I have noooo idea. Our teacher didn't so much as touch on it. Any thoughts? Comments? Condolences?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
which perspective is it suppossed to be from? the culture diffusing their ideas/culture or the people reciving it?
Doesn't specify =/
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
well, if its the culture that's spreading itself, they would feel superior than others because its their style, so to say, thats being copied by others. so it would only be natural then to view yourself as the best and have no need to see the point of view of others.
on the other you could say that the places where the culture is being spread to, you might say traditionalists would frown upon it and react against it, futhering building up their walls against foreign viewpoints. my theory's aren't too good, so good luck
Thanks man, that really helps. Now I just gotta flesh one out and translate it to French ...
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
^ Gee, thanks. Nothing better than Wikipedia for analyses of the ramifications of cultural diffusion.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
anytime, brah
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
drug thread bitch
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!