is it ok to play yellow ledbetter in a guitar shop? i'm not very good and i hate how sometimes employees at guitar stores can be really condescending.
Usually employees working at guitar shops will only get jerky/kick you out of you play Sunshine of Your Love, Stairway to Heaven, or Smoke on the Water.

Yellow Ledbetter should be fine.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Play whatever the hell you want.

They can't kick you out for playing something that they don't like.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
You can play anything you want at a guitar store. Just do what I do and don't play it very loud and in a show-offy manner. If I wanna test out some guitar or amp I'll just play the first thing that comes my head or just some random stuff.
Guitar Related Products
Schecter Omen-6
Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Peavey Rage-158 15w Amp

Member of Kurt Cobain>shredding club P.M. eldanny to join.
Quote by andy_thomas
Play whatever the hell you want.

They can't kick you out for playing something that they don't like.

I've seen people get kicked out of Daddy's Junky Music for playing Stairway.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
No stairway

edit:Ok im getting ****ing sick of getting beat to everything
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Gunpowder
I've seen people get kicked out of Daddy's Junky Music for playing Stairway.

I can't believe they're allowed to do that?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Yellow ledbetter is an amazing song to play in a guitar store. If the people get mad, then they shouldn't even be working their. Especially when you turn up the gain and hit the solo.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Quote by andy_thomas

Stores do hold the right to withhold service from anyone they want, don't they?

As long as they're not discriminating on the basis of race or something...
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
ALL music store employee's work on commision, they can do whatever the **** they want. Also, I've see customers get annoyed when some idiot cranks up an amp playing Stairway. Also when someone is playing bass, dont say "Hey its that Seinfield song!"
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by andy_thomas

Yea I saw a sign at Guitar Center that said "No Stairway, you WILL get kicked out"

You can be thrown out of a store for any reason, it's not your property.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
i was asked to leave a guitar store in indianapolis because i tried playing the intro to stairway.
SO.....................................................
what do stores have against stairwat to heaven? have any of you seen wanes world? there's a big 'ol sign on the wall of the guitar store at the end that says, NO STAIRWAY . I wish that jimmy paige would bust out his super ninja jesus kung -fu on some people.lol
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
It's probably because SO MANY PEOPLE play it at guitar stores they just get sick of it.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
i would pay so much money to see Jimmy Paige walk into guitar center and crank stairway to heaven as loud as he can. i find it rediculous people get so annoyed with that song.
Quote by Gunpowder
Stores do hold the right to withhold service from anyone they want, don't they?

As long as they're not discriminating on the basis of race or something...

But technically, they are discriminating you on the basis of your personal likes and dislikes.

That, and wouldn't it fall under freedom of speech?
Quote by alteredstates

Quote by Vin2254
i would pay so much money to see Jimmy Paige walk into guitar center and crank stairway to heaven as loud as he can. i find it rediculous people get so annoyed with that song.

That would be the biggest "F_CK YOU" ever...epic.
Quote by Chikitty_China
No stairway

edit:Ok im getting ****ing sick of getting beat to everything

DENIED!!!!

...ok, that said, I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again..Play whatever the hell you'd like to play. It's not their job to complain about that. If you are testing gear, it's obvious you'd like to hear what you usually play coming from whatever you're testing
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Not once have I heard stairway to heaven at any music store.

I guess it's because people aren't allowed to play it, but I've never got the chance to hear anyone play it, which would make it wrong to play.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I hate those shops.
Some people break their asses 12 hours a day for pennies, and they are fcking bothered because they hear some tune?
If they kick you out, go to their rival store.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Play the theme to Titanic really loud. See what happens.

Anyways, you CAN be kicked out for playing anything people don't want you to. It's private property and they're letting you in it. I believe in freedom of speech but that doesn't really apply here. As long as it's not because of your race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation they can kick you out for anything.

Anyways, do NOT play any of the following:

Stairway to Heaven
Crazy Train
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Smoke on the Water
Sunshine of Your Love
Purple Haze

"Some people break their asses 12 hours a day for pennies, and they are fcking bothered because they hear some tune?"

How would you like to hear the intro to Stairway to Heaven all day every day played by people who barely know how to hold a guitar? Eventually it's going to piss you off.
Quote by andy_thomas
But technically, they are discriminating you on the basis of your personal likes and dislikes.

Which they're allowed to do, I think.

I don't think Freedom of Speech applies, since, as people have stated before, it's private property.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
just dont go "Hey is that the Seinfield song?" to the bassists
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
How would you like to hear the intro to Stairway to Heaven all day every day played by people who barely know how to hold a guitar? Eventually it's going to piss you off.

They get PAID for that. So they should stand it or find another job. Maybe then they will miss Stairway To Heaven.
Anyway all that is BS anyway. How much people play Stairway To Heaven in shops? Or Sunshine Of Your Love ? I don't know any other person besides me that even knows that song.
If you ask me, sellers that get pissed off at people because they play a certain tune should try working in a cosmetics factory like my dad did, or a chickens abattoir like my mom did.
Maybe then they will learn some lessons about real life.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I played Icky Thump at a Guitar Center over the summer.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I think there should be more signs of "No "Enter Sandman" or "Master of Puppets"". That **** is seven times as annoying as Stairway. I had to wait at a Guitar Center for about a half an hour, and all I hear are these damn kids playing that intro OVER AND OVER... WRONG! God... I just wanted to say to hell with the guitar, you can keep it, and leave.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by Vin2254

The employees would be like "OKAY, WHO IS PLAYING STAIRWAY OVER HERE...oh sorry, Mr. Page...uhh yeah"
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by jravolta
The employees would be like "OKAY, WHO IS PLAYING STAIRWAY OVER HERE...oh sorry, Mr. Page...uhh yeah"

-Gear-
- Jasmine by takamine acoustic
...that's it
i dont get why people at guitar stores would kick you out for playing stairway to heaven could they just tell you to play another song, the only time i saw somebody get the boot from a guitar store was when some guy from the high school was playing the drum kit so loudly that you couldnt hear yourself think and he wasnt there to buy anything
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Play the theme to Titanic really loud. See what happens.

\.

thank you for giving me direction in my life. I was lost but now I am found.

I will master this song.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by andy_thomas

No. That's like saying you're not allowed to tell someone to get out of your house if they're being annoying because it's their right to be anonying.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
As a guitar store employee, I can say this to you: Play whatever you want, but if it's one of those songs that are looked down upon (or if you suck and you know it), keep your amp at a low enough level so you can hear it. Basically, don't blast your awful ass playing all over the store. That's what pisses people off. No one cares if you suck, but if you're obnoxious, people will hate you.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
No Crazy Train? I played it at GC, full song, and nothing happened to me...of course it didn't suck...too bad
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
As a guitar store employee, I can say this to you: Play whatever you want, but if it's one of those songs that are looked down upon (or if you suck and you know it), keep your amp at a low enough level so you can hear it. Basically, don't blast your awful ass playing all over the store. That's what pisses people off. No one cares if you suck, but if you're obnoxious, people will hate you.

Your avatar, El Cielo
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
My local guitar shop has this sign..."Anyone found playing either Smoke on the Water or Stairway to Heaven must donate 1 pound to Cancer Research"

I thought that was either a good way to get money for Cancer Research or to prevent people playing those songs.
Quite likes Corrine Bailey Rae's new album Don't hurt me.
Quote by bradulator
I played Icky Thump at a Guitar Center over the summer.

congratu****inglations.
don't mean to sound like a dick. but, yeah.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
enter sandman and voodoo child is always good, most of the times when i play those people near me starts humming/singing it while they look at guitars
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
When I was a guitar newb.....

....I remember playing Stairway and Smoke On The Water several times at my local Guitar shop.....

...never again.....
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.