Page 1 of 2
I'm making this movie, I haven't really written the script yet, but I have the intro with the credits and everything, and I used the song 'breathe in the air' by pink floyd.

I showed it to my dad, and he thought it was pretty weird. And then I closed the window, and he saw my psychedelic mushroom-desktop.

I also did this project on LSD in psychology.

I also repainted my room in green, blue, and orange.

Does anybody else like bright colors/relaxing druggie music? Do you think it'll cause me to do drugs?

I've never smoked weed/done any drugs/don't even drink.
I love druggie music, but never use drugs. I honestly dont see what you dad thinks the big deal is.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Lol. The only thing that'll cause you to do drugs is an interest in doing drugs. If you've studied LSD and you don't have any interest in taking it, then...drugs aren't for you.
If you don't want to do it, then the muisc wont make you.

Unless you adopt the attitude that because you listen to the music/like bright colours, you have to do drugs.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by guitar_freak333
I love druggie music, but never use drugs. I honestly dont see what you dad thinks the big deal is.

Same with me.

I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd and old "stoner" and psychedelic rock, but I don't do drugs.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
dood lisen 2 sweet laef n smoak a big blunt in ur tripy room it wil be leik totaly cool
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Same here, except its just because of my long hair/sleeping alot.

I keep getting threatened with drug tests, say ok, and have repeatedly been drivem to the store to get one, but they they turn around and say, oh, I believe you dont do them

>
i do drugs.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
I'm a huge Kyuss, Floyd, and Hendrix fan and I've never done drugs. It doesn't make drugs seem more appealing in any way to me. I wouldn't be worried.

Although the desktop is a little too implicative. I mean it actually has a picture of a drug on it.
Walk into your living room with a spliff full of oregano and ask your dad for a light.
When he freaks out tell him to relax and look at what a moron he's being.
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
i do drugs.

mmhm haha
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
i do drugs.

hXc.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
I think that anyone who appreciates psychedellia is able to get into the mindset of a stoner without taking drugs, I hate that word stoner anyway it's so stigmatized. A person who smoked a joint once every 2 weeks is crazy but a guy who drinks ten beers every friday is normal.
Quote by .Epidemic
Walk into your living room with a spliff full of oregano and ask your dad for a light.
When he freaks out tell him to relax and look at what a moron he's being.

NOOO!! Listen dude, you're in the perfect position: he thinks your doing drugs but your not! Let him tell all of your friends' parents, so that they in turn will tell your friends! Then, everybody at your school will think you're cool cause you do drugs! But you won't have any of those negative side effects, like say death.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
Druggie music and colours don't turn you into a druggie. Not even drugs necessarily turn you into a druggie.
I don't think it'll cause you to do drugs, I mean just because you play video games about murdering people, you don't murder unless you actualyl want too.
I think that you think that your dad thinks you're a disappointment, but I don't think that you should think that your dad thinks that. I think that if you think what he thinks really matters that much, you should either tell him "I'm not a druggie," or you should stop acting like such a druggie.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by garrett5
I don't think it'll cause you to do drugs, I mean just because you play video games about murdering people, you don't murder unless you actualyl want too.

that's debatable.
Quote by geetarguy13
Are psychedelic drugs less harmful than alcohol?

no. psychedelic drugs are worse for you, but pot is a lot less dangerous.

Quote by sSyLc
I think that you think that your dad thinks you're a disappointment, but I don't think that you should think that your dad thinks that. I think that if you think what he thinks really matters that much, you should either tell him "I'm not a druggie," or you should stop acting like such a druggie.

umm... pardon?
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by garrett5

if that was the case, only imagine what would happen if everybody started listening to Necrophagist
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by geetarguy13

LSD hasn't ever killed anyone...throwing that out there.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Quote by farcry
that's debatable.

No, it isn't. Videogames don't turn people into murderers.
Quote by shakes23
No, it isn't. Videogames don't turn people into murderers.

well psychologists call it learned observance. Violent images and behavior plant aggressive thoughts into the mind of an individual, so one who is susceptible to masochistic tendancies will be pushed in that direction by violent video games. However the same can't be said for music. Do you have a counterpoint?
start lighting up incense in your room all the time just to fuck with his head, it's a classic thing people do to try to cover up the smell of weed/any other drugs
Quote by farcry
I hate that word stoner anyway it's so stigmatized. A person who smoked a joint once every 2 weeks is crazy but a guy who drinks ten beers every friday is normal.

I Agree with this guy, +1
Quote by geetarguy13

Well LSD could really **** you up, especially if you have a family history of mental illness. LSD could accelerate the development of mental illnesses which you already have but haven't shown themselves yet, like what happened to Syd Barrett. Also, LSD can cause bad trips which aren't good either.

But LSD isn't very toxic physically, it has never killed anyone as mentioned above whereas alcohol can cause alcohol poisoning and kills people every year.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
What happened to straight edge fo' lyfe, yo?

sXe?

That's just the dyslexic's way of spelling "sex."
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Why don't you do drugs, see how good they are, and thank your dad for having you post this thread and it allowing you to smoke weed.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
I think you should atleast try some ganja.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by farcry
well psychologists call it learned observance. Violent images and behavior plant aggressive thoughts into the mind of an individual, so one who is susceptible to masochistic tendancies will be pushed in that direction by violent video games. However the same can't be said for music. Do you have a counterpoint?

No studies have been done that have managed to prove a direct link between videogames and actual violence. Any agression that arises from videogames is roughly compareable to that of someone who just played a game of football.

Basically, any relatively sane person can't be influenced by videogames to commit murder. For people who are disturbed, videogames represent a small amount of the psychological trauma that drives them to commit crimes.
Quote by shakes23
No studies have been done that have managed to prove a direct link between videogames and actual violence. Any agression that arises from videogames is roughly compareable to that of someone who just played a game of football.

Basically, any relatively sane person can't be influenced by videogames to commit murder. For people who are disturbed, videogames represent a small amount of the psychological trauma that drives them to commit crimes.

just because there hasn't been a study where someone plays gta and then punches someone in the face doesn't prove anything. Your understanding of motivation and agression needs to be more specific to further understand the topic because making a comparison between a videogame and football has large flaws. Football is a game where the focus from a social standpoint is skewed towards physical prowess and athletic ability, whereas a violent video game teaches hostility towards other human beings and this is where the problem arises. It's the observance and act of outright hostility with lethal intentions that is the main difference between the two. Furthermore the definition of sane isn't a black and white issue like the legal definition would have you believe.
People think I'm a stoner because I have longer hair than most guys at school, (even more so at my last school) am dazed most of the school day (tired, not a morning person at all and I have to get up at 6 for school) and because I don't care about school. Be glad its your dad man. Its a lot more annoying when random people go "Do you smoke weed?" as in "Wanna go smoke some with me?" haha but really man just tell your dad to lay off the pot and notice just into the psychedelic scene he probably took part in.
Quote by farcry
just because there hasn't been a study where someone plays gta and then punches someone in the face doesn't prove anything. Your understanding of motivation and agression needs to be more specific to further understand the topic because making a comparison between a videogame and football has large flaws. Football is a game where the focus from a social standpoint is skewed towards physical prowess and athletic ability, whereas a violent video game teaches hostility towards other human beings and this is where the problem arises. It's the observance and act of outright hostility with lethal intentions that is the main difference between the two. Furthermore the definition of sane isn't a black and white issue like the legal definition would have you believe.

Just because there is a study that shows an increase in agression doesn't prove anything. It's obvious that we won't be able to come to an agreement or find some middle ground on this, which is typical of violent videogame debates. So I'll just say this: Thinking that violent videogames cause violence puts you in the same boat as those who said that books, radio, jazz, movies, comic books, and rock and roll would ruin a generation, would promote violence and sex and drugs. Every new medium of entertainment goes through the exact same thing videogames are going through before becoming mainstream. Why is it that ManHunt can go through threats of legal action and boycotts, yet Saw 4 comes out with little or no fanfare, except for that of fans eager to see it. It's the same thing, but videogames aren't mainstream yet, though it's clear to me that they are making inroads, and that soon they will be accepted, and there will be something new to blame for deeper social problems.
you make it sound like is assumption was baseless. if i were him i'd be concerned too. if you're not doing drugs though don't worry about it. even initiate a drug test challenge to prove it if you have to.
#DTWD
I listen to a lot of music from the "drug years". I don't mind if my dad thinks I'm a druggy. All of his friends were and I'm sure he's been around that block a couple of times himself. Parents that were teenagers in 1967 ftw.
What a loser, I shoot up heroin on a daily basis just so I can get a full appreciation of Alice in Chains.

Anyone that DOESN'T do drugs to appreciate music more isn't really a fan.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 2