Tell your "friend" it is fine.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
they're very similar to wilkinson bridges (which i have one on a custom built one of mine). they're not perfect, but no vibrato bridge is. but bridges like those are very easy to lock down if they're problematic (just tighten the springs until the back of the bridge touches the body of the guitar).
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by Firebread
My friend is wondering if people have any problems with the bridge on this guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SAS36FMTG-Electric-Guitar?sku=517961
he is worried as it's gonna be his first real guitar.

no, there wont be any problems. but dont expect to do anything fun with that kind of trem system lol.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
First!? lucky ass. And i dont see why there would be anything wrong with the bridge.
According to him someone said "I love everything about this guitar except the bridge. The saddles don't lock and the edges pushing to the studs are starting to bind creating tuning problems. I first installed locking tuners (sperzel) and replaced the nut with graphite thinking these would solve it but no dice. I don't know why but the SatPro bridge they have on this guitar is just poorly designed that it's so unstable that even bending a string would cause it to go out of tune. I have to stop every 3-4 songs during a gig just to retune. That's how bad it is.... "
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
According to him someone said "I love everything about this guitar except the bridge. The saddles don't lock and the edges pushing to the studs are starting to bind creating tuning problems. I first installed locking tuners (sperzel) and replaced the nut with graphite thinking these would solve it but no dice. I don't know why but the SatPro bridge they have on this guitar is just poorly designed that it's so unstable that even bending a string would cause it to go out of tune. I have to stop every 3-4 songs during a gig just to retune. That's how bad it is.... "

the dude was probably using 10 or 11 gauge strings and doing full step bends without a properly set up trem. it goes out of tune because it's not properly set up, strings aren't stretched, and the added tension of a bent note brings the bridge forward.

another problem of not stretching strings = going out of tune quickly.

the guy that posted that comment's an idiot. you have the same problem with a floyd or any tremolo if you don't stretch your strings.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables