Poll: Witch amp do you preffer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Witch amp do you preffer?
Valveking 212
6 23%
Classic 50
20 77%
Voters: 26.
Havent played eigther but i was looking at getting a valveking 212 in the future but havent gotten to go to try amps out lately.

EDIT: just checked out the classic 50 online and realized it owns
Last edited by LaGrange at Nov 4, 2007,
I've only played the 112 valveking but assuming the 212 sounds similar then the classic 50 definitely gets my vote. I owned one for a year or so and it was an incredible amp for the price.

What sounds are you looking for though?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
What are you playing?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
wasn't there a thread on these two just a few days ago? classic. the vk really has not impressed me at all.
Classic.
I actually have the classic 50.
First of all, sexy as heck (the tweed version ofcourse), great cleans, great overdrive, and if you change guitars, you can actually hear a huge change. It's real responsive to your playing dynamics, and you can shape your sound with your guitar and tubes. Stock speakers are kinda/sorta/maybe not-that-good, but that is solved easily.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I prefer the Classic 50 (well, I've played the 30, and I liked that). But they are two pretty different amps, so my opinion might be a little biased in this case.