Line 6 is a company.

Name some products.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
alot of people will say that the spider 3 series is ****.. but really.. its all personal preference

the spider valve i really like

the pods id say is their best work
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
yeh the new Spider Valves are pretty good in my opinion, though i only got to try it for a few minutes. though i think the effects on the Line 6 Spider amps are a bit...how can i put it....

lets just say i prefer boss. the roland cubes are awsome, loaded with tons of great effects and not bad for the dollar.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
I've used a Line 6 AxSys (upgraded to an AX212) - the first amp they ever put out. It still sounds great, except for the blown speaker (I hook it up to another cab now). It had an aux in, so I use it all the time for my Pod XT Live - no tone modding at all, so I get the exact tone the POD XT wants to put out.

Spider amps are great practice amps, but not as great for gigging, and pretty bad for recording.

Their standalone pedals are fantastic.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
What line 6 product are you looking at? Their stand alone pedals are good, PODs are nice pieces of kit, and any amp above the Spider IIIs are really good (not to say the IIIs aren't for practice with some tweaking). I have never used any of their PC based stuff though, so I can't comment.
the vetta II was pretty sweet. as said before, the modeler pedals rock. i love them all.
well anyone tried the flextone? i've heard that its a pretty good amp.

However, the new spider valve is bognar designed, and he makes some of the best tube amps i've ever heard.
Their guitars/basses are good.

The Lowdown is pretty killer. Maybe a bit lacking in the output category, but if you hooked it up to a 4x10 it should be pretty potent.

Vetta's are excellent. A bit pricy after you buy the floorboard, but they have some awsome tones. Extreme versatility, and extreme tone shaping. So many choices.

HD-147, I've only been able to hear someone play one, sounds killer, I almost bought one before I got my Roadking if that says anything.

Spiders- a good choice for the beginner who wants to play metal and lives in the US. Outside the US, they are overpriced, and not justifiable. The cleans are thin, the mid gain is lacking, and some of the effects are cheesy, but what amp doesn't have cheesy effects in this price range.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
uh...hard to say. Honestly if your going for effects and stuff, look at the roland cube series. they have really nice effects and the most expensive one is a 60 watt solid state for 300$ i believe. By the way, BOSS and ROLAND are owned by the same company or something like that..so the effects on teh cube own the effects on teh line 6 IMHO.
Quote by racerXazn
uh...hard to say. Honestly if your going for effects and stuff, look at the roland cube series. they have really nice effects and the most expensive one is a 60 watt solid state for 300$ i believe. By the way, BOSS and ROLAND are owned by the same company or something like that..so the effects on teh cube own the effects on teh line 6 IMHO.

+1

The roland cube is probably the best practice amp under $500. You can always find Line 6 Flextone II's and III's on ebay, which IMO are much better than the roland cube for about $350 or so.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Just some more info on computer Line6 gear

TonePorts:
GX - Only good for guitar recording, lacks inputs/outputs

UX1 and 2 - Both great interfaces to start on if your budget is low but Mackie has a $200 interface which is better than the UX2 IMO.

PODs - Great for recording, (depending n which you get) or practice.

POD XT Live - Great sounding multi FX board for stage use.
The Spider amps are pretty bad, but I just read that they have made tube Spiders so I don't know about them. They're probably incredible.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
hmmm i guess since im not hearing alot of objections to the spider valve.. i may try it out a bit more too
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
It's a lot cheaper than most tube amps too. I'll definately have to check them out.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
the vetta ii and flextone iii are quite nice, as are many of their effects. i used to own a pod xt live and it was quite fun. it's a shame the entire line 6 name gets thrown into the mud here on ug solely because of the spiders.