We were arguing over facebook about whether or not God is real.

I think she's gone crazy. She recently changed her major from Biochemistry to Nutrition.

I guess she's been under a lot of stress from the workload?

Should I keep arguing with her, or do you think I should just let her "find her own path"?

When you disagree with somebody about religion/sexual views/politics, do you argue with them? Or let them have their way?
Let her have her own way. Atheists complain that all religion starts is war, but this is no different. Just accept the fact that since no one has proven anything about God yet, that the universe etc. is still up for speculation.
Uhh... hmm... if she has a brain-- **** off her life. That's what I decree.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
If she's happier for it, let her be. Her life.

Unless she turns into one of those damn "born again" types that make it their mission in life to shove Chick Tracts down your throat at every opportunity, in which case, do not rest or tire in your resistance. There will be no respite until she learns respect, or dies.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic

Unless she turns into one of those damn "born again" types that make it their mission in life to shove Chick Tracts down your throat at every opportunity, in which case, do not rest or tire in your resistance. There will be no respite until she learns respect, or dies.

Yeah, I hate those high and mighty people.
Quote by geetarguy13

When you disagree with somebody about religion/sexual views/politics, do you argue with them? Or let them have their way?

No. I know what's right for me, but I have no business telling anyone else how to live their life.

Of course, if their lifestyle fucks them over...they can't expect any sympathy from me.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Lmao.

Baptism, good for her. Religion really is a good thing, despite popular belief. Whether it's proven or not, true or false, it still brings good vibes and it really does feel good to know you're not a complete pile of sh!t. Even if you really are.

As for Nutrition, wow. Kick her teeth in for that one. Take her old biochemistry books and beat her in the face with it till the blood rushes to her head and she realizes she actually DOES want a career that actually pays MONEY.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I say debate with her, don't let it get personal though. You ought to discourage her more on organized religion as opposed to God in general because A) It's an easier target with more evidence and B) it matters more.

I personally find debate fun, so that's a little background on my stance.

Edit: In case someone wants to bring it farther, I'm not going to debate right now. Internet religious debates have become too boring and this isn't even the right thread.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Support intelligent or beneficial beliefs or their justifications or actions or behaviours; counter negative or stupid beliefs or justifications or actions or behaviours (and in this latter category I would certainly place a lot of things related to religion, that church in paricular). But this is just a general principle.

She's also your sister and you have to live with her. So you're going to have to do a bit of compromising and learn to deal with your disagreements, and she'll have to do the same.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by Chickenparts
Let her have her own way. Atheists complain that all religion starts is war, but this is no different. Just accept the fact that since no one has proven anything about God yet, that the universe etc. is still up for speculation.

... wrong.
Looking for my India/Django.
^I don't have to live with her. She's 2nd year in college and I'm a junior in high school
I don't see a connection with the majors thing, but maybe she wants to be a nutrition more, who knows.

Just let her do what she wants I'd say, let her be happy and such.

I don't argue with them really. I'm not going to try to change who they are. I just like to find out their views on whatever stance they're on.
Quote by Ishiga
Lmao.

Baptism, good for her. Religion really is a good thing, despite popular belief. Whether it's proven or not, true or false, it still brings good vibes and it really does feel good to know you're not a complete pile of sh!t. Even if you really are.

As for Nutrition, wow. Kick her teeth in for that one. Take her old biochemistry books and beat her in the face with it till the blood rushes to her head and she realizes she actually DOES want a career that actually pays MONEY.

Dude, being a nutritionist is huge money. Its basically like becoming a doctor. My mom works as a cook/health person at an old folks home and there is a nutritionist there, they make tons.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Chickenparts
Yeah, I hate those high and mighty people.

Those ****ing d-bags that go to soldiers funerals and protest, saying that "The War in Iraq is God's punishment for America's tolerance for homosexuals"

They need to burn..
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by geetarguy13
^I don't have to live with her. She's 2nd year in college and I'm a junior in high school
You might not be cohabiting, but you'll still have to see her and talk to her and deal with her. Unless you've decided this is important enough to avoid her forever, which is of course your right.

I might add too that I think that most religious beliefs (and I do differentiate between specific beliefs and autonomous, homogenous "religions") are a form of insanity, albeit one without a specific neuropathology, at least one yet identified. They're irrational and incorrect and should be countered on the basis of their own lack of verifiability and accuracy alone, irrespective of their effects or "niceness". Religious beliefs are apparently and readily false, and I'm not one who thinks we should accept even the warmest and most soothing of delusions - and few religious beliefs meet even these criteria.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by Caustic

i think it's a testament to chick tracts when you find them strewn on public bathroom floors, soaked in piss along with KKK business cards.

because money is the measure of success and happiness.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i think it's a testament to chick tracts when you find them strewn on public bathroom floors, soaked in piss along with KKK business cards.

Absolutely. Everything in it's right place
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic

I don;t mind people of faith the least bit (I'm just like rally moderate), but people who spout off scripture get on my nerves.

Fast. They are also as a rule the most morally bankrupt people I know.
Regardless of what religion she chooses she's bound for manipulation and ultimately disappointment. Let her do whatever she wants lol, it's her loss.

As for the University, it depends on how well she was doing. You can still make good money off Nutrition.

EDIT: Make sure she has heard of Pastafarianism, it'll open her eyes to the truth.
Quote by madbasslover
Until_it_sleeps for the motherfucking win!!!
Quote by Caustic

Those Chick Tracts are ****in hilarious. Though after a while they stop being funny and start getting a little scary and morbid.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by geetarguy13
We were arguing over facebook about whether or not God is real.
I hope it wasn't "Yes or no"...
Quote by geetarguy13
I think she's gone crazy. She recently changed her major from Biochemistry to Nutrition.
Holy f*ck, that's the most psychotic thing I've heard since Schizphrenia.
Quote by geetarguy13
I guess she's been under a lot of stress from the workload?
Perhaps...
Quote by geetarguy13
Should I keep arguing with her, or do you think I should just let her "find her own path"?
Let her believe what she wants to believe. It's not as if she's hurting anyone.
Quote by geetarguy13
No, because I'm not stupid enough to argue something that cannot be proven or disproved.
To be honest, I've seen people on both sides of the religion thing completely full of sh*t.

Atheists and Christians a like who distort history to fit their beliefs.

Christians who say that petroleum are our ancestors before the flood and that dinosaurs coexisted with us. (Well, from a bio-historian's standpoint it's true for our mammalian ancestors)

and Atheists who distort history to make every war and problem a result of religion and ridicule Christians for obsessiveness and blindness while ignoring the parallel on the secular non-religious side

I find that people aren't full of sh*t according to what side of the fence they're on,

it's more of just a natural trait we all seem to be born with.

We're all man, and we're all only limited to what our two eyes see in front of us.

So really, accept your sister's belief, correct her whenever she makes a contradictory statement of course, but you can't force someone to see things your way all the time.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Atheists who blame religion for problems are really just as bad as bible bashers.
just dont **** with other peoples ****
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
I figure there's no point in arguing over religion. Christians believe that there is a supreme being that controls everything, so any bit of evidence to support that God does not exist could have been put there by God to test you or something. Who knows. I figure its impossible to prove if God exists because even if he does he would stop people from knowing because religion is based around blind faith in god, not evidence.
let her do what she want's I don't see why this is any of your concern unless she is actively trying to convert you or something let her do what she wants.

and nutritionists do make a lot of money.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Enter next challenger:Meths!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
all i know is that baptists in my region are very hypocritical,
basically if your not in there "group" your a heathen(damn i spelt that right)
holier than thou bunch of assholes, neway
id say let her find her own way
You are now blinking manually
she probably has a new boyfriend that is brainwashing her. the only solution is to eliminate him.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.