Poll: Witch amp is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Witch amp is better?
Peavey Classic 50
18 78%
Peavey Valveking 212
5 22%
Voters: 23.
Peavey? ew niether. I've had terrible experiences with Peavey amps.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Well, as much as I hate answering a "which is better?" thread, being that this is pure opinion and you told us nothing about your musical taste, in my opinion the classic 50 is WAY better.
I'd stay away from witch amps.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by srv2112
Well, as much as I hate answering a "which is better?" thread, being that this is pure opinion and you told us nothing about your musical taste, in my opinion the classic 50 is WAY better.

+1
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by yeahyeah
I've only played the 112 valveking but assuming the 212 sounds similar then the classic 50 definitely gets my vote. I owned one for a year or so and it was an incredible amp for the price.

What sounds are you looking for though?

what that guy said in your other thread^
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by dannygsam
it has to be marshalls .. followed by peavey... wht u say... marshals r the ones used by yngwies and slash .. not just them almost all top guitarists...

Worlds Top Best Guitarists

STFU

Besides Orange> Marshall at Marshall tone
(I've owned two JCM900's, JCM800 and a Plexi and played close to all Marshall amps there are)

TS: I prefer the Classic 50, but depends what tone you want
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by dannygsam
it has to be marshalls .. followed by peavey... wht u say... marshals r the ones used by yngwies and slash .. not just them almost all top guitarists...

Worlds Top Best Guitarists

i can name so many that don't use marshalls...

and i can name one person that has a signature peavey but doesn't use it to color the tone!!!

Eddie Van Halen with his 5150. he uses his marshall in the back to color the tone and amplifies the signal with the 5150.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Gary rossington used/uses a peavey i'm pretty sure.
And doesn't the chinese guy with the hair from dragonforce use one too?

What i should really do is spend several hours with each amp (well, I already own a classic, so that's done), and do a direct comparion with all their features/tone/durability. Maybe then we wouldn't have so many of these VK vs. Classic threads.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Nov 9, 2007,
yea he does.

but steve miller used fenders. rory gallagher used voxes. every guitarist goes through every amp during their life tho. clapton used marshall plexis in cream, Vox AC30 in John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Fender in the 70s, Soldano in the 80s, then got a JCM800 during the 90s, now he has a Fender Tweed Twin.

so yea. it's matter of taste. not because everyone uses marshalls. if u buy marshalls now, they get blown away by Oranges and the Peavey Windsors.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
yea he does.

but steve miller used fenders. rory gallagher used voxes. every guitarist goes through every amp during their life tho. clapton used marshall plexis in cream, Vox AC30 in John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Fender in the 70s, Soldano in the 80s, then got a JCM800 during the 90s, now he has a Fender Tweed Twin.

so yea. it's matter of taste. not because everyone uses marshalls. if u buy marshalls now, they get blown away by Oranges and the Peavey Windsors.

The AC30 was during the Yardbirds.
Ok....

Anyways Threadstarter: You'd have to try out both amps to really get a feel for them.
Classic=Less features, "Classic voiced", but it can handle metal too, more expensive
VK=More features (seperate EQ's), "modern voiced" (sacrifices cleans for better distortion), less expensive, more wattage

I'd go for the classic, as I believe that the tone is better, and you don't need 100w with the VK. It'd probably sound really good cranked, but with 100w, it's almost impossibe unless you have a soundproof room and have some hearing protectors. Or a really high wattage attenuator.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator