I want to buy one of those multi effect pedals that gives you heaps of different effects and sounds and distortions, can anyone recommend a good cheap one with a fair bit of variety ?
Cheers.
Digitech Rp80 has 40 preset + 40 custom options with a pedal
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
digitech rp80 like said above. good sound quality especially at the price
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I've seen an RP200A that looks ok, but I want something that I can get a few different distortion/heavy sounds out of it etc. Slayer / Metallica heavy crunch sound I'll be playing through a Laney HCM30 and a ESP EC400 with dual EMG 81's any thoughts on which pedal would suit best to acheive these sounds
Quote by CICADA71
I've seen an RP200A that looks ok, but I want something that I can get a few different distortion/heavy sounds out of it etc. Slayer / Metallica heavy crunch sound I'll be playing through a Laney HCM30 and a ESP EC400 with dual EMG 81's any thoughts on which pedal would suit best to acheive these sounds

The A are for acoustcs.
I have a digitech rp350(the 150 and 250 have the same distortion models, not sure about the lower ones) and the distortions are very good. I can get very crunchy metallica tones, the smoother megadeth distortion and a fat A7X sound pretty easily
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Cool thanks for that I didn't know the A was for acoustics only, you just saved me some money cheers will look out for a RP350 or 250.
Quote by DagMX
The A are for acoustcs.
I have a digitech rp350(the 150 and 250 have the same distortion models, not sure about the lower ones) and the distortions are very good. I can get very crunchy metallica tones, the smoother megadeth distortion and a fat A7X sound pretty easily

Wrong. The 'A' means it's artist edition. It has presets based on the settings/amps of famous artists. My friend has one and it has presets like Angus and whatnot.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
A = Artists not Acoustics ? Wrong info whats it like for distortion eg. Metallica / Slayer crunch thrash sounding ?
Quote by *kas
Wrong. The 'A' means it's artist edition. It has presets based on the settings/amps of famous artists. My friend has one and it has presets like Angus and whatnot.

oops..my bad...was thinking of krg nomenclature

eiter way, the x00(100, 200, 300) are based on an older modelling system than the newer x50(150, 250, 350). the newer ones sound distinctly better

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Yeah there really nice

Great clear tone too, probably the clearest sounds i've heard from a modeler.
The digitech RP series is alright for certain effects and such but IMO the distorton is weak and terrible sounding. Besides that I hear about the pedals you use to switch settings breaking after awhile. My friend has the RP100A and RP50 and the only good thing about either were certain effects and drum machine. He says it's limited to 4/4 so if you want to experiment with different timings it wouldn't really work. In short try something different, I tried out a Boss ME-20 and it's not that bad. It lacks the amount of effects but makes up for it with better sound quality and VERY sturdy casing. My friend instantly wanted to throw his Digitech away after he played with the Boss.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Thanks for the replies but I'm still confused , which pedal is going to give me a good variety including some heavy distortion/crunch sounds eg.Slayer/Pantera/Metallica ?
Quote by CM_X5
The digitech RP series is alright for certain effects and such but IMO the distorton is weak and terrible sounding. Besides that I hear about the pedals you use to switch settings breaking after awhile. My friend has the RP100A and RP50 and the only good thing about either were certain effects and drum machine. He says it's limited to 4/4 so if you want to experiment with different timings it wouldn't really work. In short try something different, I tried out a Boss ME-20 and it's not that bad. It lacks the amount of effects but makes up for it with better sound quality and VERY sturdy casing. My friend instantly wanted to throw his Digitech away after he played with the Boss.

Tried the new ones though? They are 10x's better then the old RP's. I know the original ones took a bad rap and rightfully so they weren't that great, but the new line really is fantastic man. The only thing it doesn't do that great is very high gain everything else though is killer on it. The thing that sounds best to my ear is how clean all the sounds are you don't get any mud on those things.