I'm looking at an Epiphone SG 310 with a Line 6 Spider III Amp (15w). Is that a good combo?

Also, whats the difference between the 310 and the 400? All i see are the pickups...I'm new to electrics...whats the justification for the $100 difference?

thanks
the g-400 has better wood [Mahogany], a set neck, and better hardware.

I can't comment on the amp, as I have never played it, but just about everyone here seems to hate them.
Last edited by Jet892 at Nov 4, 2007,
The g400 is miles better imo.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by Jet892
the g-400 has better wood [Mahogany], a set neck, and better hardware.

I can't comment on the amp, as I have never played it, but just about everyone here seems to hate them.

did a quick search and people seem to love the cube...ill check out the 20w

but now im already up to 160...maybe 240 for a guitar max to get it to 400 even..any suggestions?
scour ebay for guitars by any of these brands:

brian moore
michael kelly
dillion
godin
malden

then look for fernandes guitars. they should be easy enough to find.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by meeno112
did a quick search and people seem to love the cube...ill check out the 20w

but now im already up to 160...maybe 240 for a guitar max to get it to 400 even..any suggestions?

Either get the Cube 15, or the Cube 30. The 20 isn't the same, I believe. Doesn't have the same features, for some reason.
Vox valvetronix 15w is a great practice amp, theres a 12w all tube amp by Kustom you could look into as well. An Agile AL2500 would be a much better buy than the epiphone in my opinion...
yea get a vox ad15vt, great sound, can go really loud and has 11 different amp modules and 11 fx with an awesome tap delay
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Either get the Cube 15, or the Cube 30. The 20 isn't the same, I believe. Doesn't have the same features, for some reason.

Both the 15 and the 20 don't have the same features (the 15 having less ).

Microcube or the 30, ftw.

Definitely don't get a G310; the bolt on neck that Epiphone uses on its cheaper models is crap.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Go for it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
What kinds of music are you wanting to play?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Be careful with modelling amps such as the Spider... if you want to upgrade to using standalone effects later on before you upgrade your amp you may have problems with compatibility. Plus, You can probably get a higher quality amp to fit your price range anyway.

+1 to Epi SG 400, though.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Epi G400 which you should be able to prolly get at 250 at gc sales. And then epi valve jr 150 dollars as long as you don't need effects. If you want effects/decent sounding go for whatever modelling amp in your price range.