hi guys!!!
can u help me make my own scale in different songs??
just like a scale for every bar??
or every end of the bar??
tnx guys!!
Pull a Vai and mess around with microtones, notes in between typical Western notes. For example, the notes in between F and F#, or B and C, or any other two notes.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
I wasn't aware the human ear could really pick out microtones... much less play them on a guitar.
I think you will find that every variation of scale has already been done by somebody. And there is a limit to the number of scales most people can remember. So what is the note between F and F#, F1/2. Vai is a really good guitar but sometimes he just needs to shut up. You can take theory to far. Its music not science.
Quote by Tackleberry
I think you will find that every variation of scale has already been done by somebody. And there is a limit to the number of scales most people can remember. So what is the note between F and F#, F1/2. Vai is a really good guitar but sometimes he just needs to shut up. You can take theory to far. Its music not science.

Actually it's both. There are notes in between the 12 standard western notes it's just that western-style musical notation doesn't cater for them, for instance: one of the key notes in blues music 'doesn't exist' between the minor and major thirds.

It just so happens that when whoever figured out where all the notes are and should be on a stringed instument (i forget who) he only did 12 and, might I point out, he did it mathematically.

People really should get it into their heads that playing guitar and the notes you can produce all of that is science pure and simple what makes playing the guitar an art is what you do with those motions and notes and what effects they have on your fellow human beings.

Edit: and Steve Vai is not a guitar
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.