well im looking to buy an acoustic electric, and am curious how they sound through a distortion pedal. anybody try this
pretty sure that it gets distorted.ill ask the audience *asks* yep, ends up distorted.and no, they dont sound too bad.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
nah not too bad, but not like the real deal either. you cant tell its acoustic though if thats what you mean.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
well of course its gonna sound different. which could be kinda cool. like i have an acoustic sim pedal and ill go through that to distortion and it sounds kinda cool. i know aocustics use different types of pickups soo mybe id just get a loud squeeeeeeeel.... not so cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUgoU3J-nHo

It's J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. playing one of their songs with a looping pedal and some kind of distortion pedal.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
this

EEEERRRRRRRRRRRPPPPHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHRRRTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I once heard David Gilmour playing an acoustic and it almost sounded just like his Strat. Don't remember if he had a distortion pedal on or not though.

I think you should be fine as long as you don't run it through a Metal Zone or something.
Look at the metallica - nothing else mattrs (S&M), james play the solo on an acoustic
Quote by vismbr
Look at the metallica - nothing else mattrs (S&M), james play the solo on an acoustic

The sound he gets from that is amazing. I think its a Martin as well ...
My friend put an Acoustic-Electric through an amp on "Killer" distortion as it was called... it was just bad. Don't EVER do that. Ever.

Probably had to do with the fact that it was a cheap guitar and a cheap Crate amp, though.