what was your bands first song you played and what are you playing now?, mine was

pretty fly ( for a white guy )
Paraoid

now we write our own stuff, play slayer covers and record
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
HA god for some reason every band I've been in played the hell out of Smells Like Teen Spirit, then they promptly fell apart.
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
2 originals, a cover, 'face down' cos its like 4 notes for most of the song.. ahhaha

we play some cool covers now, some wolfmother etc =]

working on lots of originals
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
A song I wrote about a guy who had sex with his mom.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by BobTheBlob
White Unicorn by Wolfmother. Then Anna Molly

Anna Molly, **** yeah!

But to go on topic, I think my bands first song ever as a full lineup was either Silver and Cold by AFI, or Basket Case by Green Day when we were auditioning our drummer. Since then it's been alllll originals
first song my band had was Are You Gonna Go My Way from Lenny Kravitz, then Always on the Run from Lenny and Slash, now we do some Sonata Arctica, Megadeth, Skid Row, and our big finish song is usually Silent Revelation by Galneryus
first song was an original called, "baby baby girl part 2".

We still play it, along with a dozen or so other songs.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
In my experience, everyone in the band has an extensive song list, but no one knows one same song. So all originals when I'm in a lineup, but if it's just me and another guitarist, then we run through covers.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
In the history of me being in bands, I've never played a cover(minus a few simple punk songs redone into grindcore).

The first few songs I wrote were very musically diverse because I got in a band around the same time I was new to metal. And since I was new to metal, I wasn't too specific on what the real genres for me were, so thats how the musical diversity came in.

The first two songs I wrote were good examples:

Song 1 was completely influences by Slaver. I couldn't give a good song example of the sound, but I wrote it under the influence of Slayer. I used alot of major power chords because I wasn't too sure how to write a solid metal song.

Song 2 was just a shot in the dark. I didn't know what I was aiming for, just listened to alot of bands and trying to do something a little more technical. But the best way to describe the sound would be Darkest Hour, it sounded alot like some of their riffs(I wasn't even aware of this band at the time).

Here is a very very very sloppy video recording of Song 1, its very hard to hear because it skips like crazy and repeats some parts over for some reason. But its a video.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1190625

My style now is alot of different stuff. My main thing is old-skool punkish thrash and early death metal(as far as my band's style goes). I am into and write lots of different stuff, especially brutal death metal and black metal.
Started off with originals mostly. covers included: Sweet Child O' Mine, Nightrain, This Means War, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills. though we only did one or two of those a show.
1st song ever played was an original called "Depressed".
not emo....just an emo song name i guess it sucks, i hate it now along with the next 2 songs after that.
1st cover we played......hmm....OH YEAH, it was a song off of Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night.

i quit that band at the beginning of summer though, they're still some of my best friends though
My one band was a punkish cover of Mad World (originally by Tears for Fears).

And now my newer, more active band has a song called "Deleting People in the Margins" which is a dancy-indie tune.
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend.

I love punk, I love ska, I love acoustic, and I love you.
My first band's first song was almost as funny as a retribution paladin trying to get a raid spot. LOL.

To much WoW =(
Seek and Destroy.

My god we sucked at playing it. But we've gotten so much better at it now, it's shagadelic indeed.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
First song? it was an American idiot Cover. we sucked After that incident it was no more Greenday for about half a year.
Just because you can speak does not mean you are an intelligent being
A song called neighbourhood watch. It was ****. I wrote the music, the drummer wrote the lyrics. Baaaaaddd idea.
Quote by RatSkull
In the history of me being in bands, I've never played a cover(minus a few simple punk songs redone into grindcore).

The first few songs I wrote were very musically diverse because I got in a band around the same time I was new to metal. And since I was new to metal, I wasn't too specific on what the real genres for me were, so thats how the musical diversity came in.

The first two songs I wrote were good examples:

Song 1 was completely influences by Slaver. I couldn't give a good song example of the sound, but I wrote it under the influence of Slayer. I used alot of major power chords because I wasn't too sure how to write a solid metal song.

Song 2 was just a shot in the dark. I didn't know what I was aiming for, just listened to alot of bands and trying to do something a little more technical. But the best way to describe the sound would be Darkest Hour, it sounded alot like some of their riffs(I wasn't even aware of this band at the time).

Here is a very very very sloppy video recording of Song 1, its very hard to hear because it skips like crazy and repeats some parts over for some reason. But its a video.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1190625

My style now is alot of different stuff. My main thing is old-skool punkish thrash and early death metal(as far as my band's style goes). I am into and write lots of different stuff, especially brutal death metal and black metal.

That sounds good man. I mean, it may not be perfect, but it looked like two guys just jamming a song to me. Also, the riffs were pretty sweet and the drums were solid. I thought it was pretty cool. There's no reason to feel bad about that at all. Actually, my only two complaints were the swtiching between sections and the drummer had a couple of odd moments (still sounded great though).

See, this is why I would love to laugh in the face of anyone who comes here and tries to assert that people on this site have no skill. It couldn't be farther from the truth.

Oh, my first song for my first REAL band was an original called "Hard Reality."
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
A song we wrote about taking **** for granted. It was a pretty crappy song but we were only 11. It was called too fast and I remember the chorus went "Time is so fast that I can't even do alot and then its the next morning and ****" no rhyming scheme, no melody, no key, no nothing
War pigs, and sooo many slow blues jams
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!