Hey,
I was looking around the internet, and I decided to get started on a tube amp kit (i have a cousin who is an electrician, he can help me if i need it). So I just wanted to know the absolute cheapest, easiest low-wattage tube head kits.

ThankS!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Torres is the cheapest I've seen but when I got an amp kit from them it was missing about 1/3rd of the parts, his layout was wrong, and his instruction would have had me wiring in the transformer wrong which would have ruined the amp anyway. Over several months I called Torres on a regular bassis to find out when the rest of my kit was comming and it never did. I still haven't gotten around to finishing the amp because I haven't had time to hunt down the rest of the parts.

So stay away from torres. He is a theif
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

i want a weber kit... their blackfaces look groovy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yea... weber kits seem like they are the best... I'm gonna be building one around Christmas i have no experience with amp building so it should be a challenge.

tedweber.com
^really? which one r u attacking? amp building for the first time without any experience?

tell me how it goes, and i'll get one too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Some of those ceriatone kits were only about 200 bucks. I think it was a champ clone. How would they compare the the 200 buck allready-assembled-ones that you can buy today?

And maybe I tackle building an amp, maybe i should start off on a few pedals.
I thought I saw a small pedal kit on tedweber.com.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I mean... something CHEAP and easy.
Also, would the rangemaster be small enough to mount inside of a guitar? (I like the thought of a big fat button to give me a nice treble/gain boost)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ax84.com has some nice tube amp kits and the people that are on the forums are very helpful if your willing to do a bit of research.
Quote by darkarbiter7
I mean... something CHEAP and easy.
Also, would the rangemaster be small enough to mount inside of a guitar? (I like the thought of a big fat button to give me a nice treble/gain boost)

yea it is. if u have a strat, it's pretty easy finding a way to fit a circuit board inside your guitar. it's pain to take it in and out though.

and for an on-board gain boost, alembic stratoblaster.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^really? which one r u attacking? amp building for the first time without any experience?

tell me how it goes, and i'll get one too.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_50a.htm#5E3X2H

5e7

it looks pretty easy their are layouts for all of the amps. plus, if its too complicated anywhere i think i know someone that might be able to help.
6a14 looked a little too complex for me. plus i already have a crate palomino 15w so i want something a little bigger. I have a lot of stuff for the short amount of time of played guitar, i'm gonna have to slow down with making these guitar, or my rooms gonna be packed with guitars and amps.