This thread will probably get me banned but right now I could care less. If yall dont know me already I have been known to say some stuff that has made these forums go nuts, well brase yourself cause here it comes again.
As of November 3 2007 a great and dear friend, brother, and all around good guy of mine loss his battle with Lukemia. This was his third time it, and trus me it wasnt the charm. He had been in Minnasota since Aug. and was waiting on a transplant on stem cells to grow new white and red blood cells. Well he got his transplant and was working on his path when everything that could of went wrong did.
Now this guy didnt know to much about rock and guitar, in fact anything he did know I taught him. He was a great baseball player and if it wasnt for cancer he would have went pro. But though he did have cancer he still loved to play baseball and did. He never gave up on anything and always pushed himself to be the best, and he was.
Here is the word of advice, too all of you, pick up your guitar, learn eveything there is to know. Find new sounds play with techincallity and not just because it sounds good. Dont idolized the ones before you that gave up or play for the dollar or the catchiness. Dont praise the self-enflicked tragadies of anyone. Sorry but that goes for Jimi, Kurt, Stanley, Moon, Jopplen, Morrison. To me these people brought a message only to fall short of what they really should have been teaching. Become better, become the best, no matter what happens push yourself. My real name is Ethan Shinholster, his name was Foster Griffith, he taught me to push myself. Now its time for you.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
I like you Shaggy, but it's Staley, and Joplin.

And also, Layne was trying to warn people about drug use. And it seems like being a martyr for the cause DOES help spread the message that heroin is bad.

And I'm sorry about your friend.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
That's actually quite................inspirational....
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
how about asking people to get on the blood and bone marrow donor lists, and the organ donor register too?
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Also, Shinholster is one of the coolest last names I've heard in a long time, aside from Smiley.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

nice, yeah you inspired me.
picking up the guitar now =)
sorry about your friend
when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - jimi hendrix
Its true, people shouldnt idolise those musicians for letting us and themselves down by destroying themselves with destructive substances etc. The real hero's should be those who have done their best to stay away from the drugs and try to make just music. I salute you and RIP for your friend.
hmmmm indeed, quite interesting i must say

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Also, Shinholster is one of the coolest last names I've heard in a long time, aside from Smiley.

one of my dads best mates names is Smiley. other mates include, Buster, Lips (maori with big lips), Moon, Booga, Needles (for obvious reasons), Hedge (had a mullet), and his name was Boun (derived from budah)
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I like you Shaggy, but it's Staley, and Joplin.

And also, Layne was trying to warn people about drug use. And it seems like being a martyr for the cause DOES help spread the message that heroin is bad.

And I'm sorry about your friend.

yeah well sorry cause I do like you from earlier comments I have read from you before but right now I dont care how you spell their names. They are nothing but false to me now. Also he wasnt a martyr, he was a OD waiting to happen just because he lost a girlfriend. that he probaly didnt know as well as most over people know their own. Trust me this guy isnt the first I have ever lost, its my 6th . And im not trying to toot my own horn im just trying to let people know that its not worth being the minimal, its worth being the best. Also I want to thank all those so far that have read this thread and have made me feel better, because though I may not know you on a personal basist you have made me feel better and I thank you. BTW Mods I was wondering if you could make this a sticky just so everyone can have something to push them everyday to make themselves become better at whatever they are passionate about.
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by Shaggy92
yeah well sorry cause I do like you from earlier comments I have read from you before but right now I dont care how you spell their names. They are nothing but false to me now.

That's dumb. Who cares how they lived their lives? They made awesome music, which is really the only important thing. Especially for us, as we're musicians. Thinking like that would make you a personality fan, as opposed to a music fan. Besides, everyone knows people like Jim Morrison weren't that great to begin with, and the talent really was all in Ray and Robbie.

And sure, they made some personal choices, but they DID influence a ton of people to become interested in, or to make their own music. That's damn respectable.

People's bad habits aren't their titles.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Shaggy92
This thread will probably get me banned but right now I could care less.

God damn it, no, you COULDN'T care less. Saying you could care less means you do care.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
God damn it, no, you COULDN'T care less. Saying you could care less means you do care.

That expression always pissed me off, too. But it IS "could care less."
Quote by vintage x metal

How? I'd never even heard it that way before I'd gone on these forums, how does "could care less" make sense?
Jake off Jill, again I like you please dont get on my bad side, you still dont undertand. What those musicians did became their identity. Sorry to say but hard drugs were apart of it. So yeah they influence a lot of people, but disillusioned a lot more.
Roll Tide
^ That is the popular use of the phrase. For what it's worth though, I say "couldn't."
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I'm not trying to get on your bad side, and I can see where you're coming from. It just makes more sense to me to say look up to these people for their artistic and musical abilities, as opposed to their bad behavior. I can't think of where I'd be if it weren't for the music of a lot of people, who did drugs. I'm not saying their drug use helped them, I'm saying that it's just one part of their personalities. Personally, I never cared whether or not the musicians did or didn't use drugs. Most of my favorite musicians were addicts, but I'm not one, and I have no intentions to be. And that's partially because I don't respect these people for anything aside from their contributions to the music community.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Shaggy92
Jake off Jill, again I like you please dont get on my bad side, you still dont undertand. What those musicians did became their identity. Sorry to say but hard drugs were apart of it. So yeah they influence a lot of people, but disillusioned a lot more.
In that case people shouldn't be influenced by their identity, just their music IMO.
Quote by whalepudding
In that case people shouldn't be influenced by their identity, just their music IMO.

That's what I'm sayin!
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm not trying to get on your bad side, and I can see where you're coming from. It just makes more sense to me to say look up to these people for their artistic and musical abilities, as opposed to their bad behavior. I can't think of where I'd be if it weren't for the music of a lot of people, who did drugs. I'm not saying their drug use helped them, I'm saying that it's just one part of their personalities. Personally, I never cared whether or not the musicians did or didn't use drugs. Most of my favorite musicians were addicts, but I'm not one, and I have no intentions to be. And that's partially because I don't respect these people for anything aside from their contributions to the music community.

Yeah you are probably right about staley but what im trying to say is that dont let something bring you down, push forward, so I guess sorry to bring staley into this. But in honor of my friend I would like to ask you all to play "Say Hello To Heaven" by Temple of the Dog" sometime this week. Because if I have the guts and voice, when I get all my friends together after the funeral, Ill probably be singing it to them.
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92
Yeah you are probably right about staley but what im trying to say is that dont let something bring you down, push forward, so I guess sorry to bring staley into this. But in honor of my friend I would like to ask you all to play "Say Hello To Heaven" by Temple of the Dog" sometime this week. Because if I have the guts and voice, when I get all my friends together after the funeral, Ill probably be singing it to them.

Do you mean play it on the stereo? Because I swear to God, I'm listening to that song right now, I just turned it on.

Or do you mean actually play it? Because I'll have to wait til I get home.
Quote by vintage x metal

^ haha thank you Im actually playin it right now too. BTW I might be M.I.A. from the the forums for a little while make sure all the Mod Rock guys know please I could really use their support right now. Stereo or if you want to you can play it personally with your band
Roll Tide
Sorry to double post and bump this but everybody should read it.
Roll Tide