Page 1 of 2
hello Pit Monkeys,

As you know, it's that time of year again when as soon as you leave the house, your balls freeze instantly and riding is rather more uncomfortable.

Just wondering what you do to keep that little bit warmer? personally i put on a pair of tights underneath my jeans (i know most of you are guys, but that doesn't matter, my dad was the one who told me to do it as he used to do it in winter too!) and lately, i've put rubber gloves (not the ones you use for washing up, the latex ones you use in garages) under my gloves (haven't had a chance to get some winter gloves yet so im still using my winter ones )

Ride safely

note to spammers: icy hot doesn't work, barrell rolls have been done many times and yes cars are safer, warmer and more comfortable, but we're being difficult.
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
haven't had a chance to get some winter gloves yet so im still using my winter ones

WUT
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
I don't ride a bicycle anymore, but I wish to get a motorcycle soon. When I was young and rode with my dad (motorcycle) I would wear thermal underwear (works very well) along with layers on top of that.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
But you can't carry an amp or guitar on a motorbike!

But seriously, maybe you should get some riding leathers. Thats what they're for I think...
Quote by scarecr0w

But seriously, maybe you should get some riding leathers. Thats what they're for I think...

HAHA, my dad has leathers. Every time he used to bust out of his room (when I lived at my parents house) I would tell him how epic he looked.

As far as the amp and guitar, maybe I can get a sidecar? I would look like a moron, but that's going to happen either way I think
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
When I was living near the Rockies, we learned all sorts of keep warm tricks for skiing in the dead of winter. The snow there was amazing but the cold could be brutal at the end of January / beginning of February.

Ski gloves are made better for the cold than anything else on the planet. Expensive, but worth every penny. Down or holofil bibs are much warmer than jeans could ever dream of being, even with panty-hose and long-john underwear. If you must do jeans, make sure they're loose fitting and put some elastic bands around the cuffs. That will keep the cold air from getting up the legs.

You lose MOST of your body heat through your head. Your body will slow down the flow of blood to your extremities to protect your core. If you don't lose as much heat through your head, your fingers and toes will stay warmer.

Bottom line:

Except for good gloves, nothing is more important to keeping your fingers warm than a good hat. I hate wearing hats, but it's a minor inconvenience compared with frostbitten digits.

EDIT:

When it comes to warm hats, nobody does it better than the Russians.

Like this if it's chilly:

Like this if it's downright cold:

Not stylish enough? Try this:

Or this:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by Birdy266
Its almost summer in Australia :P

It's always summer in Australia.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by scarecr0w

Yes you can. This one carries the guitar, has a built in amp under the seat and a speaker mounted on the back fender.
Quote by Smokey Amp
It's always summer in Australia.

Not during the winter we've just been through
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yes you can. This one carries the guitar, has a built in amp under the seat and a speaker mounted on the back fender.

American Chopper ftw.

Except they couldn't get the guitar in the holder thing. Plus it was so tight it'd mess up your strings every time you jammed it in.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
American Chopper ftw.

Except they couldn't get the guitar in the holder thing. Plus it was so tight it'd mess up your strings every time you jammed it in.

Yeah, I saw the episode when they made it. Still, at least it shows what's possible with a little better design, after all, they've designed it from a biker's point of view, not a musician's.
Have you seen this one?

I can't begin to imagine what damage that exhaust is doing to that guitar, if it's a real guitar.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 5, 2007,

Dress like this.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by rocabillyrollup
haven't had a chance to get some winter gloves yet so im still using my winter ones

WUT

i mean't summer ones, sorry.

just to clarify guys, i do have full leathers and stuff and i've just bought a kevlar set too. loving them bikes by the way, that bb.king one is gorgeous *drool*
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by jackass_babe
...just to clarify guys, i do have full leathers and stuff and i've just bought a kevlar set too.
*imagining you in full leathers*

*fap fap fap*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411

Here's my ride
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by jackass_babe

Just wondering what you do to keep that little bit warmer? personally i put on a pair of tights underneath my jeans

Ok, I just wanted to do that at something that you wrote..
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by SavageNights
Ok, I just wanted to do that at something that you wrote..

what?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by jackass_babe
what?
He wants to lick you. Nothing wrong with that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
He wants to lick you. Nothing wrong with that.

You got that right, with leather or not.

Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by SavageNights
You got that right, with leather or not.

kinky
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
When I was living near the Rockies, we learned all sorts of keep warm tricks for skiing in the dead of winter. The snow there was amazing but the cold could be brutal at the end of January / beginning of February.

Ski gloves are made better for the cold than anything else on the planet. Expensive, but worth every penny. Down or holofil bibs are much warmer than jeans could ever dream of being, even with panty-hose and long-john underwear. If you must do jeans, make sure they're loose fitting and put some elastic bands around the cuffs. That will keep the cold air from getting up the legs.

You lose MOST of your body heat through your head. Your body will slow down the flow of blood to your extremities to protect your core. If you don't lose as much heat through your head, your fingers and toes will stay warmer.

Bottom line:

Except for good gloves, nothing is more important to keeping your fingers warm than a good hat. I hate wearing hats, but it's a minor inconvenience compared with frostbitten digits.

EDIT:

When it comes to warm hats, nobody does it better than the Russians.

Like this if it's chilly:

Like this if it's downright cold:

Not stylish enough? Try this:

Or this:

That's the funniest post I've ever seen you make. I thought you were cool before but this was just lovely

Oh, and on topic, balls to you all, I've never even seen snow
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
That's the funniest post I've ever seen you make. I thought you were cool before but this was just lovely

Oh, and on topic, balls to you all, I've never even seen snow
I haven't either, it doesn't snow alot in Florida
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I haven't either, it doesn't snow alot in Florida

You ain't missing much. It's cold, wet, and kills old people via hypothermia. Causes cars to crash, people to slip and fall over and break bones, pipes to burst, ect.... it's a nightmare really.
Actualy, it's been years since we had any deep snow in Britain that's lasted more than a couple of days.
Thank God for global warming eh?
Chaps are great for your legs.

My dad just got heated grips and a heated vest. Pretty sweet.
Quote by Inimical
Chaps are great for your legs.

My dad just got heated grips and a heated vest. Pretty sweet.

chaps? as in blokes?

oohh where did he get the heated stuff from??

edit: cos im seriously thinking of strapping a hot water bottle to my chest in the mornings, it's that cold
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by jackass_babe
chaps? as in blokes?

edit: cos im seriously thinking of strapping a hot water bottle to my chest in the mornings, it's that cold

no, chaps are the leather things that go over your legs and have no ass. Usually leather, great for cutting wind.

Go to your local bike shop. He's a bit of a Harley ***** so I think he got it from a Harley dealer.

It's expensive (let's face it, anything with the Harley logo is twice as expensive... stay clear), but they work really well. Both the vest and grips hook up to the battery (so I guess you have to be careful about leaving them on).
Last edited by Inimical at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by jackass_babe
chaps? as in blokes?

Chaps:

But if you're ever looking for the other kind of chaps to keep you warm. be sure to call me.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
The language barrier was huge there. I thought when she said "blokes" she was giving me a different word for the chaps I was talking about.

We speak the same language and can't even understand each other.
Quote by Inimical
The language barrier was huge there. I thought when she said "blokes" she was giving me a different word for the chaps I was talking about.

hehe sorry, i feel like such a tw@t now

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
But if you're ever looking for the other kind of chaps to keep you warm. be sure to call me.

you know, anyone would think you were flirting with me
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by Inimical

Heh heh, a mate of mine visited New York years ago, got off the airplane, went straight into a shop and asked for twenty 'fags'. (British slang for cigarettes) He said the reaction he got was quite strange.
just buy some proper underlayers, and some proper winter gear
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I honestly haven't ridden a motorbike for years. The last one I had was a Triumph 5TA. In those days, we used to make a pair of trousers out of an old quilted sleeping bag then wear oversized waterproofs over them. Lovely and cosy.
Quote by jackass_babe
...you know, anyone would think you were flirting with me
I'll have to stop that. I wouldn't want to give anyone the right impression!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I'm a wimp. I hate riding in the cold.
My son just moved back home from Fl. and brought his gf with him. She has never seen snow before either. She is quite excited today because they are predicting snow tonight. Can't wait to see her disappointment. She's already freezing and it's still been in the 50s.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I only go on my friend's motocross bike from time to time, and the boots and trousers are warm enough, especially with the engine going, plus your head has the warmth kept in because of the helmet - the only place I found extra heat to be needed was the torso and an extra long-sleeved t-shirt plus the bike gear was fairly comfortable.

I don't know how cold it gets on the road though, and Winter has been mild lately where I live (yay global warming! No, I actually miss snow ).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by jackass_babe
hehe sorry, i feel like such a tw@t now
You're not a twat. Just english
Page 1 of 2