well i got a call from my mom. Someone broke into our house and stole pretty much everything out of my room. I thought she was joking, but sadly she was not.
Every guitar and guitar related thing i owned was stolen except my acoustic which is here with me at school. 4 guitars, both amps, my pedals/ floorboard, a **** load of extra parts, hell the bastards even stole my picks and tuners. im so pissed/ upset. My squier was my first guitar which had ****load of emotional value to me, my fender was my baby ( it was everything i ever wanted in a guitar) , and my epiphone had so much time and effort put into it. I also got some other stuff taken like skiis and ps2 stuff, but thats the least of my worries. Home owners insurance is supposed to cover it, but that might take awhile and it doesnt change the fact that they are gone. I hate freaking douchebags who steal. I hope Karma pays a visit to these punks. I dont know why im posting, i guess i just want to rant a bit guess.

but if anyone sees someone posting or selling a few of the items that are my sig please keep your eyes out.

EDIT: forgot minor detail, we are in the process of moving so my room was the last to be moved to the new house because it wasnt finished being built yet.
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
Last edited by mrdeuce at Nov 6, 2007,
my buddy's dad got his '50s vintage strat stolen once. but the burglar was stupid enough to come again. so they caught him, got everything back, and turned him over to the cops.

so look out. he might come again.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Only out of your room, eh? Nothing in the rest of the house? Sounds kind of personal to me...
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Was only your room robbed? Is it possible that you know the person who took all your stuff?

I only know one person who has been robbed and they knew the people who robbed them, I only live in a small city though. It is still possible though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
yeah, keep an eye out if you live in a small enough town they'll turn up, look in pawn shops, music stores, here, at local gigs and when you find out who it is, kick their asses. Hopefully they'll turn up man, sorry to here it, if someone stole my guitars I'd kill em I got 2 strats, a Dean Ml, an acoustic and my bass. plus my half stack and all my pedals.
have you been treating your parents properly? you ever stop to think that maybe they've sold all your sh*t?
Heres how I see's it.

1) The guy's either a neighbour who hates your loud playing, or a friend of a neighbour or etc. etc., a stranger basically. Gets all you gear to hock, and then sells it for cash.
Basically this guy is an idiot. Whenever you give something to cash convertors for instance, you need id. This happened to a guitar store i know, he got all his pedals back and was laughing.
Suggestion? If he pawns it, he's ****ed, because you should have reported this stuff stolen, OR if he sells it like to an unwittin muso, advertise around what gear you got stolen, serials if possible, that way, ppl will know if they're getting stolen ****, and hopefully won't buy it out of conscience (thats not how you spell it, is it?)

2) The guy knows you and its personal. Basically not much you can do but look around, who hates you, why, it migh tnot even be hate, just jealousy coz you have better gear. These guys are also stupid because they have stolen gear, and its only a matter of time. Also, if he hates you, really hates you, then he'll probably brag, to which case he's ****ed.

So be patient, I hope you recover, Assholes like this get whats coming to them

EDIT: don't be ****ty with your mum, if they stole stuff from the family shes at a loss too.. so yeah, not just about your losses
I don't think a good start to this is advertising what gear you have in your sig. Sure, it's fun to show off, but you're an idiot if you think that people can't trace you back to your computer.
If anyone would be lame enough to jump through all the hoops to hack UG to get someone's personal IP and to spend the time it takes to trace that to a specific house, which entails hacking his isp's dns server... Yea, I don't think that's happening.

EDIT:

As for the TS... Give pictures and any information you have about your gear to the local pawn shops and guitar shops. They will be most able to help you. They can alert the police whenever someone tries to dump your stuff.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by Fambi
I don't think a good start to this is advertising what gear you have in your sig. Sure, it's fun to show off, but you're an idiot if you think that people can't trace you back to your computer.

Retarded post, engage brain next time
Diezel, Motherfucker
I feel really sorry for you dude.That sucks.I don't know how much that would mean to you,If all my gear was stolen,I would get so f*cking pissed and all I have is a Classical guitar,10 watt amp,cheap ibanez gax and a boss ds-2.Hopefullly karma comes back to them
find the serial numbers and keep your eye on auction sites out there that just happen to pop up those items. Ask people who put a new ad out for the same gear that was stolen from you to give you the serial number.

Also post the stolen things ' serial numbers on websites for stolen stuff.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Fambi

yes cus some thief is going to make a killing of a squier, a few epiphones and some line6 stuff. Not saying its bad stuff at all, but if you have to trace someone then pick someone with really really expensive stuff that you can actually get quite a bit off.

And if you have the brains to trace someone of an online forum then chances are your going to do something worse than steal a few guitars.

anyway back to thread, i hope you get the stuffback somehow, or atleast get replacements. I'd get psycho if someone stole my stuff
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I played last year with my custom bass....some douchebag stole it. I wanted to find him and split his skull...but ALAS I didnt find the bastard....
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
a couple years ago at a show, we managed to stop some douche trying to nab our gear. After the show, we were just hanging out in the front of the room, and I was lucky enough to look out the window at just the right time to see someone lifting my guitarist's Mesa Triple Rec, his ESP EC-1000, and my vintage Stingray bass into the back of a minivan. We ran out there and really let him have it; he threatened to sue us but whatever.

I'm so sorry to hear that. But like the others said- make sure he doesn't come back. Also, don't forget to contact the newspaper and local pawn shops to see if any of your equipment turns up.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Some ****wit stole my guitar I made for my GCSE Woowork project. I put so much effort into that as well. It even worked properly and wasnt a bad guitar by any means. I can sympathise with you. Hope you get it back man.
Someone did that to my friend Scott, too. We know who it was and were going to key his car but he's been parking it in the garage ever since...

I'll give you a Digitech RP100A for Free. Doubt you even want it but hell. If you do, just say so.
It sucks for you man, really. I'd pray the insurance covers it all, 'cause I don't think you'll be getting any of it back.

See, what I think a lot of people are forgetting here, is that the key features that could identify your guitar as your guitar would be serials, dings, scratches, bumps and marks. And if your anything like me or any other guitarists I know, you're raging too much if your new guitar just got bangend to take a picture of it, and taking a shot of the serials of your guitars is not the first thing you do...

Also, a smart burglar won't try to sell this stuff anywhere close to where you live, especially to guitar and/or pawn shops; he'll probably be smart enough to know that's the first place you'll check/warn.

However, if you just so happen to have a few shots of your serials laying around, and the burglar was indeed as stupid as some of the people up here portrayed them, you might just have a chance of getting them back!

Ps, this was not a post to get you down or anything. I know it sucks, and I sincerely hope you do find your gear back!
The first thing i did when i got my Dean was to take down the serial number. Did you have yours? This could probably help in future...
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by mrdeuce
well i got a call from my mom. Someone broke into our house and stole pretty much everything out of my room. I thought she was joking, but sadly she was not.
Every guitar and guitar related thing i owned was stolen except my acoustic which is here with me at school. 4 guitars, both amps, my pedals/ floorboard, a **** load of extra parts, hell the bastards even stole my picks and tuners. im so pissed/ upset. My squier was my first guitar which had ****load of emotional value to me, my fender was my baby ( it was everything i ever wanted in a guitar) , and my epiphone had so much time and effort put into it. I also got some other stuff taken like skiis and ps2 stuff, but thats the least of my worries. Home owners insurance is supposed to cover it, but that might take awhile and it doesnt change the fact that they are gone. I hate freaking douchebags who steal. I hope Karma pays a visit to these punks. I dont know why im posting, i guess i just want to rant a bit guess.

but if anyone sees someone posting or selling a few of the items that are my sig please keep your eyes out.

I know it's hard, but you must forgive them.

anyway, if you do get insurance get one good guitar, instead of squiers and epiphones. I have both, and I learned never get one of those again.

I hope everything turns out right for you dude, you might actually get a better deal ths way.
Quote by nan0
I know it's hard, but you must forgive them.

anyway, if you do get insurance get one good guitar, instead of squiers and epiphones. I have both, and I learned never get one of those again.

I hope everything turns out right for you dude, you might actually get a better deal ths way.

Why exactly should he forgive the people who stole a crap load of his stuff, which works out to a fair bit of money, plus the fact that it's got sentimental value.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Why exactly should he forgive the people who stole a crap load of his stuff, which works out to a fair bit of money, plus the fact that it's got sentimental value.

It's a sign of great personal strength to forgive someone that has done you a terrible wrong. Especially when you're holding their head underwater while doing doing so.

I would forgive someone if they honestly, and whole-heartedly apologized to me. Of course, if you can't hear them through a foot or two of water, or between the thumps of a brick to the head, they really aren't trying hard enough to apologize now are they?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
bollocks to forgiveness

thieves dont need that, they need locking up

sucks you got your gear stolen
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Damn I would cry if my guitar was stolen, not because of a guitar being stolen as they are easily bought, but the fact it was my guitar that I'd, pretty much, talked through for all this time.
I'd hate for that to happen.
Quote by eXperiment63
If anyone would be lame enough to jump through all the hoops to hack UG to get someone's personal IP and to spend the time it takes to trace that to a specific house, which entails hacking his isp's dns server...ins Yea, I don't think that's happening.

EDIT:

As for the TS... Give pictures and any information you have about your gear to the local pawn shops and guitar shops. They will be most able to help you. They can alert the police whenever someone tries to dump your stuff.

i think if someone was gonna hack UG they would rob somebody with thousands of pounds worth of stuff (not saying your stuff is bad or anything) it was probably just some low life id kill him if somebody stole my stuff and i have hardly anything
thanks for the support guys. Yes only my room was robbed, but there was nothing else of real value in the house because we were moving to a new house. but we are not throwing out the idea of it being a personal thing against me. Ive already discussed this with police and they felt that it was most likely someone who knew me or my family.

ive already warned all the local pawn shops/guitar/music shops and showed them pictures and lists of items to watch for. no luck so far. Ive also been keeping my eyes on Craiglist and ebay but nothing so far.

I find out how much insurance is giving me back next week.

in the mean time does anyone have suggestions for tube amps from $500-1000. The only good thing to come out of this might be a tube amp, but id still rather have stuff back.

thanks guys
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
Last edited by mrdeuce at Nov 6, 2007,
No offense, but it sounds odd that someone could slip out of your house with all that stuff. Did you have any neighbors or anyone around where you live? You figure, even for two people, that would be 2 trips for all that stuff.
you're screwed, i had a break in at my house and they took my lil bro's bass, my airrifle and a laptop, luckily they didnt find my room and take my guitars, or my paintball gear or my electronics. we Never found out who did it, and insurance didn't pay all that much. Itd be sweet if you find out who did it, But im doubting you will. considering im fairly certain it was the neighbors across the street who stole my stuff, Theres not much I can do.
1966 rickenbacker fireglo 335
78' twin reverb (loud awesome tone)

practice makes practice... never perfect
Quote by CJRocker
No offense, but it sounds odd that someone could slip out of your house with all that stuff. Did you have any neighbors or anyone around where you live? You figure, even for two people, that would be 2 trips for all that stuff.

thats what I'm thinking - that's a lot of stuff for someone to just walk off with.

be on the lookout for big unmarked vans.
Man that really sucks but it's more than likely the thief is close to home and has heard you play or knows you might have something. This place where our band practice got broken into and a **** load of gear was stollen. The owner and hsi sons went to a boot fair and saw their stuff and the guy said he bought it from someone, handed over all his details and said he'd keep the stuff in storage for them so he didn't sell anymore of their gear. They found out he lives two roads from the practice place but they legally can't get any of their stuff back, so they're trying to figure out what to do....

Really hope you get your stuff back dude, sentimental value is worth a lot, especially with music + stuff. Good luck with it and just keep looking around, boot fairs, pawn shops etc...
I wouldn't doubt it was someone you know or knows you have guitars but then again if your in the middle of a move someone might have just broken in to hang out or party thinking the place was empty and found your stuff. I assume it was while your parents were at the other house. They were probably watching them move stuff out and new when to hit. If you live in a small town you might have better luck tracing the stuff down. I have two alarm systems in my place double and triple locks every where but I still worry someone will bust in and walk out with everything I own.

Good Luck I hope you find youer stuff and keep us posted!

John
That sucks beyond belief. I know what you mean about emotional value, my guitar is cheap and not very good but it means alot to me because its my first and i love it. The only posittive thing is the insurance will cover it, but it doesnt change anything all this would still suck really bad.
Manchester United