Yeah, Im upgrading my gear.

I am currently playing a Fender Squier package basically.
And this Christmas im upgrading my gear..

Ive strated early though.. the other day i bought a new pedal, A Zoom G1X, Its awesome, I love it.

Now i need a new guitar and amp.

The amp ill probably get for christmas and ive already got in mind what i want.. A Marshall MG30DFX.

But i cant decide on a guitar, My dad said get some worthwhile, Get something with quality seen as though you have figured out you really want o play guitar now. (Ive been playing for 2 years)... He also said if you save up for half the money of guitar i will match you dollar for dollar.. in other words, pay for half of it. He said maybe something around the 700 to 1000 dollar mark maybe more.

So im here creating a thread on UG asking for suggestions.. Thanks.
well dont buy the MG, go to a guitar shop and try a gibson, epiphone or strat to see which you prefer, but steer clear of those amps.
Quote by BlinkWilNvaSink
YOU suck.

Dont be an absolute twat mate, hes giving you advice, and GOOD advice at that, dont be a small minded dickhead, how about listening to what more experienced players are telling you, also this is in the wrong forum

total, epic fail mate.
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by mh400nt
Dont be an absolute twat mate, hes giving you advice, and GOOD advice at that, dont be a small minded dickhead, how about listening to what more experienced players are telling you, also this is in the wrong forum

total, epic fail mate.

pwned.

Anyway, imo, go spend more money on the amp than the guitar. For a guitar, I suggest a Fender, high end epiphone or possibly an ibanez for that price.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Last edited by BFun at Nov 5, 2007,
Quote by mh400nt

total, epic fail mate.

Im not being a twat..

I asked for guitar suggestions, Not amp sledging, Plus Mh400NT you are most definately the twat for remarking on everythig ive said.. Im just a begginer looking for some advice, Dont like it. GTFO.
I love ESP's

thats all i can say
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
What genre are you into?

Why do you want an MG? They really are trash, but if you give us details why you want it, we can suggest a better amp.

As for a guitar:
Assuming your Squire is all single coil pickups, get a guitar with a humbucker in the bridge so you can get a wider tonal range.

EDIT: I have to go to school now, I'll try to help you in about 9 hours.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Last edited by lagunasunrise at Nov 5, 2007,
i´m not giving you any advice at all as you are, as said, a twat...

wrong forum too...
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!