This is a death grind song I made in a couple of hours. Tell me what you think of it. Crit for crit, as always. And don't skip the song just because you might think the beginning is a little boring. Oh and change the drums to midi, it sounds a lot better than RSE.
Edit: Added bass.
Attachments:
DeathGrind.zip
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Nov 5, 2007,
no offence bro but this is a prety annoying song, it needs rythem guitar or atleast bass, its weakly put together there is way to much solo drumming, i would revise this alot more
Oh man I completely forgot the bass What do you mean by solo drumming?
I'll edit the post and put bass in it.
I've now added bass. And I understand that grind maybe a little annoying to people who don't listen to grind.
I can see why he thinks it's annoying

Just cause the damn slides in Guitar Pro don't sound good at all, played it on a real guitar and it sounded great.

I think my main gripe in this piece is the drums, they're not strong enough IMO.
I didn't really like the riff at bar 12, it just seemed like random chromatics to me.

The rest is sounding good so far.

Hmm, the solo was interesting, although i didn't really like the lick in bar 32.

mm, quite short, but great, just a few minor gripes as said above i had, just my opinion though.

Crit mine? Either of the ones at the bottom of my sig
Quote by buckethead_jr
I can see why he thinks it's annoying

Just cause the damn slides in Guitar Pro don't sound good at all, played it on a real guitar and it sounded great.

I think my main gripe in this piece is the drums, they're not strong enough IMO.
I didn't really like the riff at bar 12, it just seemed like random chromatics to me.

The rest is sounding good so far.

Hmm, the solo was interesting, although i didn't really like the lick in bar 32.

mm, quite short, but great, just a few minor gripes as said above i had, just my opinion though.

Crit mine? Either of the ones at the bottom of my sig

no its good, i wasnt calling it annoying
Quote by bikersbasin
no its good, i wasnt calling it annoying

I think he was talking about matt03803 's post.
holy sh%# man, that sounded like the world was coming to an end ! that was a crazy as song and it looks pretty hard to play let alone keep in rhythm. Theres seems to be tons of stress on the drummer with the bass drum being smashed at thirty second beats at some bar! my band look at that and crap themselves! but i reckon it song ok for grind core, but I am more into melody with songs, this sound like someone just vomited in my ear.

5/10
could be WAY better
Quote by evolved01312
holy sh%# man, that sounded like the world was coming to an end ! that was a crazy as song and it looks pretty hard to play let alone keep in rhythm. Theres seems to be tons of stress on the drummer with the bass drum being smashed at thirty second beats at some bar! my band look at that and crap themselves! but i reckon it song ok for grind core, but I am more into melody with songs, this sound like someone just vomited in my ear.

5/10
could be WAY better

You obviously don't listen to grindcore, death metal, or black metal. This wasn't really that bad for "someone vomitting in your ear". Go listen to The Berzerker and you'll see what I mean.

Now, as for the song. It was pretty good, not super duper original, but it was well made. I think drums could have been more complex, but it is a guitar tab and drums aren't the main part

6/10!
Pretty brutal
I can imagine it sounding sick with a proper band,
Bars 12-13 i liked,
and 21-25 as well was cool.

Crit mine in sig?
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.