which way do you put the FR so that you can do a dive bomb?
what are some pros and cons of recessed and non recessed FR?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6 ( Seymour Duncan SH - 8 Invader Bridge, GFS Crunchy Rails Neck )
Jackson JS30DKT Dinky™ Hard tail ( Stock Pickups )
Fender Squire Stratocaster ( Stock Pickups )
Vox AD15VT Amplifier
You can do dive bombs either way, recessed just means that the bridge is lower down, so the strings are closer to the body.

A pro of a recessed is that you have to do less (or none) of a neck angle when making the guitar. I imagine non-recessed floyds are used for a guitar that already have a high bridge.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
You can do dive bombs either way, recessed just means that the bridge is lower down, so the strings are closer to the body.

A pro of a recessed is that you have to do less (or none) of a neck angle when making the guitar. I imagine non-recessed floyds are used for a guitar that already have a high bridge.

A non recessed floyd can't do pull backs since there is no routed area for them to pull back into.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
so which is better like i still dont understand which is the better one.. i play heavy metal and hardcore music ..... im pretty sure tha one of them cant do divebombs but i dont know which
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6 ( Seymour Duncan SH - 8 Invader Bridge, GFS Crunchy Rails Neck )
Jackson JS30DKT Dinky™ Hard tail ( Stock Pickups )
Fender Squire Stratocaster ( Stock Pickups )
Vox AD15VT Amplifier
Quote by kanashibari_man
so which is better like i still dont understand which is the better one.. i play heavy metal and hardcore music ..... im pretty sure tha one of them cant do divebombs but i dont know which

you can't pull up on a non-recessed, but therefor a non-recessed is easier to change tunings with.

IMO if your into heavy metal, do a recessed floyd since you will want to pull up.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
A non recessed floyd can't do pull backs since there is no routed area for them to pull back into.

Ah, ok. Thanks for enlightening me

They can both do divebombs, which is lowering the pitch, but non-recessed can't raise the pitch.

Go for recessed, it can do both.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by thedonutman
Actually, on a non recessed, if the bridge is floating, you should still be able to do pull-ups.

Even with a strat style bridge, if its set up to float, you can still pull up slightly

thats dependant on how you set it up. If the back of the trem is parallel to the body on a non-recessed, you cant do a pull up. It has to be angle slightly up and theres only so much you can get by doing that

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350