Are these any good?

Are they literally a valve junior but bigger? Do they sound much different?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
I've got a Standard, used to own the Jr.

The Standard's got a bassier tone and is much more flexible than the Junior (out of the box) in the fact that it has a 3 band EQ and gain knob. I think my speaker needs a little bit more time to break in, which probably contributes to it. It also has built in DSP effects, although I'm not a big fan of them. Thankfully, those can be switched off. Between the added EQ, and playing around with the gain and volume knobs of the amp and guitar, you can get a great variance in tones. Decent cleans to a gritty rock tone. You'll definitely need a pedal for anything heavier.

Being 15watts, it's much louder than the Jr., yet still usable as a bedroom amp. It'll get loud enough to play with a light drummer. It's easy enough to attach an external cab to it if you want to push more air.

It's hard to beat it at the price.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Nov 5, 2007,
epi makes some good amps man. i suggest trying them out
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Ok, I'll go try one out, I think Sound Control have stopped doing Epiphone amps and have replaced them all with 'Grainger' amps, which as far as looks go, are identical. Are they the same amps, just different name?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
^

From what I've understood, they're basically the same amp, just rebranded.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."