Listen to the Godfather Theme by Guns N Roses. How does slash get that awesome sound? mine doesn't and i am playing a LP. How?
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It's recorded live, so you get a lot of stadium echo. Slash uses a marshall JCM usually.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
to start with use the neck pickup and preferably a marshall other than mg to even get close
Neck pick-up, roll the tone all the way off or have a wah pedal in the open position and LOADS of reverb
Joe Bonamassa gets it pretty damn nicely with his old rig, which was only strats... Just find some nice settings. he also uses volume swells to imitate a violin.
Joe Bonamassa gets it pretty damn nicely with his old rig, which was only strats... Just find some nice settings. he also uses volume swells to imitate a violin.
Wow, that's a name I didn't expect to see pop up anytime soon. He's a master!

And basically, Slash's awesome sound comes from several thousand pounds of top-notch amplification and a custom luthier-built Les Paul. Don't expect amazing results just cause you've got the same type of guitar - the most important factor is your amp!