Is this a good deal?

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown---Fallen-Angel-60-DSP~ID~2306.asp

I'm looking for better amp (my current in a Line6- enough said) and as I cant afford an Engl I found this instead.

What I'd like to know is would it suit me? It has 60 watts (good enough) its all tube (awesome) and its fairly cheap. I play metal and shred, so I need something with a good amount of gain and treble, and I'd like some clear cleans as well. So does anyone have any experience with this, I need opinions.

Thanks.
great looking amp from a good brand id totally get if i were you
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Search for "I just got my first tube amp" or something, I remember some guy buying a Fallen Angel some time ago.
that website doesnt actually have any in stock. no online shop does. check ebay or pawn shops
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
It's bassy as hell and doesn't have as much gain as you expect it to. A good OD solves it though. Nice cleans, good rock distortion, good blues OD and can get into metal territory, but again you'd need an OD to push into more extreme varieties.
This amp might be too bassy for what you want and not trebley enough for you. You'd have to try it out for yourself I think.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
that website doesnt actually have any in stock. no online shop does. check ebay or pawn shops

Or Zaphod Beeblebr
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ dear god is he still trying to sell that? lol yeah definitely contact him, he's selling it for £300 in good condition, good price I think. And yeah this is quite the little amp, I was stuck between this and an ENGL Thunder (as you can see I got the ENGL) but I really liked the ashdown too.

I was easily able to get a decent dream theater heavy gain sound (think "as i am") so it should handle a fair bit of metal. Anything lighter than death and some nu-metal is easily acheivable, OD will you get you to the rest
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Thanks for the Soundclips...

For anyone who has tried it, do you think it'll be able to give a Firewind/Dragonforce kind of tone? (Studio Dragonforce obviously haha). I listened to all the clips, and the clean sounds are nice, I'm just not too sure about the gain...
with an OD yeah, but you'd probably want to check out something more modern. Unfortunately that requires doubling your budget lol.

I think one of the guitarists uses a gh50L but that's £400 without a cabinet.

Check ebay for a used Laney VC50 (NOT vc15 or 30)

Herman Li uses a mesa power amp some pre amps through cabs so that's well out of your range.

A used peavey JSX combo maybe too
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
well if you can try out the ashdown it may do waht you want. Dream Theater sound very modern and can be very high gain at times and i managed to nail that (go download "As I Am")

I just wouldnt go into it blind. check out you tube too, tons of clips
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD