Poll: When did you start to grow noticeable facial hair?
Poll Options
View poll results: When did you start to grow noticeable facial hair?
I was born with a full beard!!1one!!lawlz
10 8%
Under 10......
1 1%
11-13
19 15%
14-16
52 42%
17-20
27 22%
Over twenty
3 2%
Still can't grow anything more than a few white hairs :(
13 10%
Voters: 125.
Page 1 of 2
Or could grow a noticeable beard (or mustache), not one you'd have to strain to see, but one somebody else would notice, too.
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
About 6. Maybe 6 and a half.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Depends what you call a beard.

I starting growing facial hair when I was about 11. I grow a lot of facial hair, quickly and fast, but it doesn't form because there's not much of it. I'm 17.

Still, very noticable.
17-ish. went for the aragorn look when LoTR was in theatres and kept it for like an entire summer.
now i can't grow anything >.<
Quote by Craigo
Depends what you call a beard.

I starting growing facial hair when I was about 11. I grow a lot of facial hair, quickly and fast, but it doesn't form because there's not much of it. I'm 17.

Still, very noticable.

i see...
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
I'm just starting to get peach fuzz.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i was 5 but i still don't have a beard...weird
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
14 I had a little mustache that was shaved away periodicly because it looked like ****, but now in 2 or 3 days it comes back darker and fuller, so I just keep shaving it.. lol looks like **** without a full beard.....................................
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
started growing probobly around 12/13. started shaving when i was 14.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I starting growing a beard when I was five.

And I'm still in the process of growing that beard.. But five is when I first tried.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

grew chin hair at 14.
updated to full goatee by 17.
upgraded to full shaped beard 2.0 at 21.
complete beard 1 month ago.
shaved it back to shaped beard a week ago.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
I planted some of my hair in a pot and tried to grow a beard when I was 7, needless to say it didn't work... I assume I didn't water it enough or something...
Started shaving when I was 15, but darker hair only came through when I was about 16-17. I'm 20 now and still can't grow a proper beard, although i can grow big sideburns right down my face and a goatee, just missing the bit that joins the two up...
...Bleep Bloop...
My moustache came first. That started to come in at 10. All the bastard 10 year olds would laugh at me.
I had armpit hair at 10 aswell. My beard didn't really start showing until I was 12.

Edit: Should probably mention that it was full aswell. None of that patchy ****. I was one ape of a child. Complete reject until I got to high school. And even then it didn't change much.
Last edited by Discouraged at Nov 5, 2007,
I had black hairs around my face when I was 12, but I don't think it could be called a beard until I was 14 or 15.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Discouraged
My moustache came first. That started to come in at 10. All the bastard 10 year olds would laugh at me.
I had armpit hair at 10 aswell. My beard didn't really start showing until I was 12.

Quit your whining, my cousin had to go through elementary school without a belly button! And he found a way to adapt! He just charged people to see his stomach.

And I'm just kidding..

Not about the belly button thing.. about you whining. Whine away.
Quote by vintage x metal

Had hairs here and there and started shaving at 15. My facial hair grows rather quickly now, though I really don't have time to shave every day. So when I get tired of it, I shave it off, which is every week or week and half. I'm not at a stage when I need to shave every day, but if I were to keep it clean shaved, it would be every two days or so. I'm 19. A friend of mine had thick sideburns and was shaving his mustache and beard at 12 years old, he even had chest hair at that age.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
I was 15 when I grew it into a "proper" beard that was the same colour as my hair and not white bum fluff.

I probably could have managed one at 14 but I shaved it off back then.

I was an "early developer".
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quit your whining, my cousin had to go through elementary school without a belly button! And he found a way to adapt! He just charged people to see his stomach.

About 12-13 I suppose. These days I shave more or less every morning (I'm 17), if I shave in the morning I'm pretty stubby by the evening. But seriously though, a lot of people in their mid-teens save out there peach fuzz to show how manly they are, but all it does is emphasize that they are too young to understand it looks dumb and they should learn to shave. If you can't grow a full beard, stay shaved is my opinion.
I had some crappy, un-thick peach fuzz when I was around 13-14, but I couldn't grow a full beard until I was nearly 20. I put over twenty though because I didn't actually do it until around 20.5.

I'm almost 21 now, and it's nice that I don't have to shave every day. I don't get a five o'clock shadow until around 36 hours after I shave = less irritation from shaving = better skin. I'm still sorta growing out of my baby face, even though I'm close to 21 most guess me around 18 or 19, which is nice.. it wasn't so nice in high school when I looked like a little kid but it's great now

EDIT: and totally agreed, if all you can do is grow some weak trash-stache, don't grow facial hair at all, keep it shaven. By shaving you make the hair grow back thicker and you're more likely to get nice-looking hair in teh future.
Last edited by pratt121 at Nov 5, 2007,
I can grow an epic beard in days.

I might ask UG later for a beard related poll.
It was only recently, when I was 17, that my beard stopped being patchy in places - I could grow a full goatee and sideburns, but I've only been capable of joining it all together for around a year.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
16 and haven't got anything that noticable yet.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
no-shave november!

i probably still won't have anything noticeable by december, but oh well.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
I'm fourteen, almost fifteen, and I can only grow a pretty shallow, pathetic mustache, which I shave off pretty often, but it grows back faster each time, which is a good sign, I guess. Otherwise, I only have a few dark hairs on my chin, and my peach fuzz is getting way too long, so I really should go shave it off.

EDIT: Now I feel so fresh and so clean
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
Last edited by Garlik at Nov 5, 2007,
I'm 25, but my facial hair is so blond that I still can't really grow a visible beard to save my life.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
I'm 25, but my facial hair is so blond that I still can't really grow a visible beard to save my life.

Wow. Married at 25. Doesn't it make you feel old?
Page 1 of 2